_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Trumpeter 1593 BTR-70 in Afghanistan question
barrowb98
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 06:49 AM UTC
Does anyone have any photos or information about the hybrid BTR-70 with BTR-80 turret represented in this kit? I think it was designated the BTR-70V. Should the smoke grenade launchers be removed from the back of the turret? Should the spotlight be mounted on the gun ala BTR-80 or on the hull periscope like BTR-70?

Thanks in advance!
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 07:27 AM UTC
I would either follow the instructions or find a picture of a specific vehicle you want to copy. There are many variables possible. I know that might not be as helpful as you would like, but it is probably the best answer.
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 08:10 AM UTC
From pics I have of that model in Afghanistan, looks like there's no Tuchas and the spot light is mounted on the gun.
barrowb98
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 07:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

From pics I have of that model in Afghanistan, looks like there's no Tuchas and the spot light is mounted on the gun.

Cool. I dug and dug on the internet and every time I thought I found a picture of one it turned out to be a BTR-80 from somewhere else. I wanted to do a BTR-70 from Afghanistan and thought this would be the kit to get, but it turns out photos of just normal plain BTR-70's are much more common.
 _GOTOTOP