_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
IDF Stowage Question
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 08:27 AM UTC
I am finishing an IDF C&C M113. On the sides of the vehicle are stowage racks. In my references I see a type of cargo webbing used to secure Jerry cans, ect. Has anyone found a good way to make this webbing. My first thought is to m use paper. But I thought I'd see if anyone here had already "invented the wheel".
Also, are all IDF Jerry cans painted black? Inquiring minds wanta know.
Thanks
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 08:39 AM UTC
Charles,
For the jerrycans, I only have seen them in black, since they´re made of plastic (black).
For the webbing, if I was you, I´d use the same aproach, but with a paper soaked in water+white glue solution (let it dry and them cut the stripes), thin foil lead also could work (even better)...
HTH
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 08:59 AM UTC
Thanks Paulo.
This site is amazing! So much information and talent is shared here.
I'd be lost without it.
And...I think I'll order some lead foil. :-)
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 10:24 PM UTC
Yes is the answer to your question on of jery cans. I remember seeing light green and even some tan ones during Lebanon. Though most if not all today are black. When I built my M113s (12 IDF variants so far) I cut thin strips of paper about 6" long. using scotch tape I laid out he pattern leaving plenty of spare to work into the tie downs.. First i tack glued the paper wher the cross with a paper glue stick and then ggive it a dab of super glue. I do all theis on a piece of glass from an old picture frame. If you need any IDF info Let Me know and we'll try to help
Greg
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 455 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 11:22 PM UTC
Order lead foil? Whatever for? The easiest way to obtain lead foil is from your wine cellar! Drink the wine of your choice, and then score the foil wrapping that is around the neck of the bottle. Once removed, it can be rolled flat, painted, and sliced into strips. Easy to do, and very enjoyable too. Hmmmm....is it too early for a nice glass of pinot noir? :-)
Greg
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 525 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 11:33 PM UTC
#:-) "YES GREG" It's a bit too early for a glass of wine. BUT Thats OKAY you a man after my own heart. I prefer a nice White Medium Sweet Wine. Such as a Rieseling, Or something along that line. .....OH UH, SORRY I di'nt mean to turn this into a wine discussion. He-He-He.

DAGGER-1
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 649 posts
Armorama: 379 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 11:47 PM UTC
Wine bottles with foil? All mine have screw tops....LOL
Greg
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 455 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 12:22 AM UTC
You guys don't know what you're missing. I live in the heart of Oregon's wine country; not loving it would be a crime! :-) :-)

Greg
 _GOTOTOP