_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Bronco: Three New Armour Offerings
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2015 - 11:33 PM UTC

Bronco Models has released news of the latest kits in the works from the. These new offerings are a re-worked Comet, Panzer III Ausf A and sWS Flakviering 38, all in 1/35th scale.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2015 - 11:43 PM UTC
I wonder what the 'rework' of the Comet consists of ....
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 12:21 AM UTC
Is it not better to release new kits instead of rework kits when you have show new kits that you will release for over 1 years time... :-( bad style...
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 12:37 AM UTC
I sure hope they have reworked their awful solid handles on the Comet, along with the manlet and the fit of the engine deck sides.

The tools could use some sharper detail too...
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 12:49 AM UTC
I know nada about that "new" Comet kit....

The Pz III ausf A will be an all-new NEW tool kit for Bronco, as they have not ever released a Pz III kit of any sort before (at least not that I know of! ), and no one has ever put out a 1/35 Pz III A in styrene... So it just has to be a new-tool thing, right? In any case, this one is for ME!

That "new" sWs w/ 2cm flakvierling 38" is, I am sure, a re-box of the Great Wall kit. As I understand it, those GW sWs kits are (were) pretty nice renditions of some versions of this vehicle type(which is why I have one - armored, w/ the 3.7cm FlaK 43 - in my stash), so, I would expect that this Bronco offering will be a pretty good kit. I'll probably pass on this one, just as I have on its original version. Still, IF GW is no longer going to produce these sWs kits, I'm glad to see someone else will continue them.

Now, if y'all will please excuse me.... I'll go tend to my increasing drool and slobber mess as I salivate with anticipation of that Pz III A!

Bob
TankManNick
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 551 posts
Armorama: 543 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 01:02 AM UTC
I wanted a Comet, and now one comes along. So I'm happy with this announcement! Separate track links, all the better.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 01:07 AM UTC
I look forward to the Pz. III Ausf. A, since this will finish the Pz. series from beginning to end. I hope that Bronco has not used the MiniArt molds and will be working from new measures.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 01:14 AM UTC
Why are there so many good kits put out at the same time?! Diamond necklace for my girl or... They still have the ones made of candy I suppose.
bilbobee
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 02:29 AM UTC
I'am going to buy a extra large christmas stocking this year!
hanb7323
Visit this Community
Daejeon, Korea / 대한민국
KitMaker: 408 posts
Armorama: 407 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 03:42 AM UTC
Great!
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 04:12 AM UTC
Great news on the Comet and I am sure the other releases will be just as welcome to the dark side. I hope Bronco have corrected all the little problems of the original. Very welcome return regardless
This post was removed.
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 12:31 AM UTC
I'm really happy to see the return of the Comet, and really hope that Bronco have significantly upgraded their old kit (one of their first if I remember correctly). They certainly have the experience, technology and knowledge to make this a stunner now.

There seems to be a general misconception that the Comet was used during the Korean War, even though everything I have read seems to point out that Cromwells and not Comets served there.

I would love to be proved wrong, it would be great to build a Comet in Korean War markings, if indeed they were used there.
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 02:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I look forward to the Pz. III Ausf. A, since this will finish the Pz. series from beginning to end. I hope that Bronco has not used the MiniArt molds and will be working from new measures.

So far all kits released by Bronco after they produced a kt of the same vehicle by Miniarts have been almost completely new toolings.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 03:47 AM UTC
Looking forward to that Pz IIIA!
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 08:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm really happy to see the return of the Comet, and really hope that Bronco have significantly upgraded their old kit (one of their first if I remember correctly). They certainly have the experience, technology and knowledge to make this a stunner now.

There seems to be a general misconception that the Comet was used during the Korean War, even though everything I have read seems to point out that Cromwells and not Comets served there.

I would love to be proved wrong, it would be great to build a Comet in Korean War markings, if indeed they were used there.

Certainly not used there, all down to bad captioning of photos of a HK based one
This post was removed.
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 03:14 PM UTC
I'll not make the mistake I made last time and think I'll pick up a Comet later only to find I could no longer find it on the shelves. This time as soon as I see it I'll pick one up.
This post was removed.
 _GOTOTOP