Hosted by Darren Baker
Centurion road wheels
Buckeye
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 106 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2015 - 08:41 AM UTC
Does anyone here know if the Tamiya Centurion road wheels will work on the AFV club kits?
jon_a_its
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 1,137 posts
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2015 - 08:10 PM UTC
can't answer that directly, but there are better detailed resin replacement wheels from several different mfrs available.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2015 - 09:18 PM UTC
FYI, AFV club does sell the wheel set separately. Now here's the answer you really want: No, they don't fit. The AFV Club axles are too thin for the poly hubs from the Centurion kit. You can however, slip brass tube over the axles to make them fit. It's not a whole lot of extra work, but the older wheels really show their inadequacy.
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 02:54 AM UTC
That was some useful info, had not noticed the provided a set of wheels separately. Thanks.

Does the separate AFV club set come with fully plastic wheels, or do they include the ones from the kit, combining rubber with plastic?

I do not like the rubber-plastic combination in their kits and have used resin wheels in the past, but would prefer a solid plastic wheel configuration.
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 03:17 AM UTC
It's a complete suspension set, basically you get the two sprues from the kit and the vinyl tires.

I didn't think I'd like them but I've just (yesterday) finished a Centurion and they work ok. The weird part is that part of the vinyl tire is actually part of the wheel so needs to be painted to match the wheel. Only issue I had was the polycaps internal hole diameter was too small for the shafts so I had to use glue as a lubricant to push them on.
 _GOTOTOP