Hosted by Darren Baker
Leopard Worshop ! WARNING !
daniel_roh
Visit this Community
Valais, Switzerland
KitMaker: 60 posts
Armorama: 30 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 04:21 AM UTC
Leopard Workshop use illegal copy of EuroModel Production fume extractor (i am the master's owner)|:(

Michael said me he "didnt know" but he ordered this items many times from my company and i can give you order copy if someone dont trust me.

I would be glad if Armorama remove any review about the Leopard Workshop 2A4 & 2A5 barrels.

Many Thanks

Daniel Roh
EuroModel
mshackleton
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 559 posts
Armorama: 517 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 04:30 AM UTC
Leopard 2 fume extractors
I have just been informed by Daniel Roh of Euromodelshop that one of he textured fume extractors in my Leopard 2 gun barrel sets is a direct copy of his product.
I will withdraw this part immediately and investigate this with my master model maker. Daniel, please accept my humble apologies.
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 398 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 05:03 AM UTC
Lot of vague accusations in your post. At minimum I would expect you would allow Michael to come to a conclusion in his investigation before you start a witch hunt.
daniel_roh
Visit this Community
Valais, Switzerland
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 05:29 AM UTC
These are not vague accusations and i will proof it with some pictures tomorrow.

Textures lines are identical
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 05:30 AM UTC
Well Larry, Michael's post is clear enough.

Pirating is the scourge of the modeling world and I can understand Daniel's reaction, HE KNOWS HiS PRODUCT.

And kuddos to Michael for reacting decisively and promptly.

Cheers,

Christophe
errains
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 362 posts
Armorama: 350 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 06:21 AM UTC
This is unfortunate and would strongly advise that persons/parties (meaning everyone else) not directly involved refrain from making any further comments and let these two gentlemen work to resolve this Issue.
mpeplinski
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 487 posts
Armorama: 182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 07:40 AM UTC
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 07:44 AM UTC
At least I know I can get Leopard Workshop stuff. I have to say I've never heard of Euromodel Production, let alone where to get it...

Jim
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 10:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

At least I know I can get Leopard Workshop stuff. I have to say I've never heard of Euromodel Production, let alone where to get it...

Jim

If memomy serves, Daniel advertised his products at Armorama.
A good point to Michael for his quick reaction too.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 11:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Jim

If memomy serves, Daniel advertised his products at Armorama.
A good point to Michael for his quick reaction too.

EuroModel...from 2010...

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/news/7210

It does not appear that the EuroModel Production Fume Extractor is still in production.

I just happened to have purchased a couple of the EuroModel Fume Extractors back in 2010 and still have them unused in the packages.

I compared under the Leopard Club and EuroModel Fume Extractors individually and side by side under a magnified light.

The EuroModel part has a slight casting seam on the bottom. The Leopard Club part does not.

The EuroModel part is evenly hollow inside as it is designed for the Modelpoint barrel. The Leopard Club part is not completely hollow as resin barrel parts are provided to fit in both ends of the resin Fume Extractor.

The Euromodel part has slightly more enhanced texture where you can definitely see the cross hatching patterns. The Leopard Club part has slightly less defined texture.

Are both parts well mastered and well cast? Yes.

In my objective opinion based on my observations the EuroModel and Leopard Club parts are not identical.
daniel_roh
Visit this Community
Valais, Switzerland
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 04:52 PM UTC
daniel_roh
Visit this Community
Valais, Switzerland
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 06:12 PM UTC
It's more clear here.

Lines and shapes are identical.

If details are less textured it's simply because it's overcast.

Click right and show full size for better view

Removed by original poster on 11/04/15 - 14:45:03 (GMT).
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 08:06 PM UTC
Uh, not sure what the beef here is, since Euromodel doesn't seem to sell a fume extractor. If it does, it's not readily apparent on its website. Maybe you boys ought to take this off-line and sort things out before involving the rest of us. Just sayin'.
daniel_roh
Visit this Community
Valais, Switzerland
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 08:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Uh, not sure what the beef here is, since Euromodel doesn't seem to sell a fume extractor. If it does, it's not readily apparent on its website. Maybe you boys ought to take this off-line and sort things out before involving the rest of us. Just sayin'.

read the full post i posted this item here in 2010. Even is the product is temporarly not available on my website it doesnt allow anyone to use and copy it

fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 564 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 08:38 PM UTC
yeah and the guy was the next poster AND appologized...... kill this thread..... its going no-where but downhill.
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 08:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

yeah and the guy was the next poster AND appologized...... kill this thread..... its going no-where but downhill.

Seconded.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 08:55 PM UTC
Your point is well taken Daniel and your argument understood! However, at this moment there is no need to beat the proverbial dead horse. Mike immediately posted his unknowing of the part in question and retraction of the parts from his shelves while he is moving forward to resolving the issue at hand.

"Leopard 2 fume extractors
I have just been informed by Daniel Roh of Euromodelshop that one of he textured fume extractors in my Leopard 2 gun barrel sets is a direct copy of his product.
I will withdraw this part immediately and investigate this with my master model maker. Daniel, please accept my humble apologies."

The part is withdrawn...he is looking into how this could have happened...enough said at the moment, let's move on please!
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 10:07 PM UTC
And here we go again...

Daniel brings up a point, Mike answers respectfully, withdraws the product and says he will look into it.

Then a bunch of other people throw in their own opinions and comments, and Daniel rightfully responds to these comments, which are clearly questioning his honesty and intentions.

Now suddenly Daniel's the bad guy because he tries to clarify his point to those who are bullying him..

Wow!

I second the earlier post in this thread: just let these two gentlemen sort it out between them. All other comments are just adding more fuel to the fire, but I guess that what some people want?? Nothing better to do perhaps?

I wonder who it is who should be moving on?
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 11:29 PM UTC
Sven, when these sorts of matters are brought onto the forum, members WILL HAVE AN OPINION OR TWO.

I would welcome the mods locking this thread, as it doesn't accomplish anything.
 _GOTOTOP