_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
The final part of Dio Clervaux as free PDF
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 12:42 PM UTC
Hi guys,

Do you remember that I published the last book about Diorama Clervaux before the very last part was done. It was a part I was coerced to do because of some minor space error I made towards the end. It was also meant to be only terrain extension, so it was not something I needed to delay the book for.

It took me a while, but I assembled what I did for the last module, the 8th, into a 12 page PDF and am offering it for free download from my website.

http://www.diorama-clervaux.com

I put it online only yesterday, so I hope everything works fine. It features some minor stuff but also how I did that 1 ft. fir with moss and a lot of nice pictures.
If you want to comment it, put them in in here if you like.

Hopefully you don't mind that I bring this up here, I don't know how else I should promote that free tutorial.

A spanish language version of the whole book as a PDF will be published in the next few days but as you are reading this, you will probably not need it.

Hope you like the PDF

Greets to all

Claude
callmehobbes
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 01:09 PM UTC
Thanks for this. I was just reading your first book again a free nights ago to help me get some ideas for the interior of a house I'm working on. What are you up to these days?
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 02:48 PM UTC
Hi Paul

I'm glad that my book is getting used !

Modweling wise I am still working on my Rain diorama, a shadowbox with the main feature being rain.
Sh... I did not even remember that I started a thread called "Wet Kiss" last year. Sorry for that, I am going to update it soon then.
The base itself is finished.
Now I am trying to find solutions not used before to render the wet stuff.

Progress during the last weeks is very slow, the book stuff around the spanish PDF took a lot of modeling hours.

Greets

Claude

jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 07:37 PM UTC
Cool! Anything concerning that awesome dio would be nice to see. That fir tree was awesome.
I was wondering what happened to the "rain" project as well.
J
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 1,491 posts
Armorama: 997 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 09:55 PM UTC
Hi Claude ,

i'm a little bit late but thanks for the PDF tutorial . I hope that everything is fine with your latest project ??

Wish you all the best !

Kurt.
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 02:15 AM UTC
Hi,

Thanks for sharing

roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 07:57 PM UTC
You are welcome guys!

First of all , with some delay, I wish you all a happy new Year. Hopefully I will be here more often in 2016.

Probability is good because, that explains also my silence from last November on,

I remade my whole website!
All by myself using a free template on the web and changing all the code to get what I want! It was not easy but certainly a good exercise for my brain.
I invite you to check it out at the usual address http://www.diorama-clervaux.com

A new look with a responsive design and for you certainly of most interest, a new gallery with 30 pictures showing new and hopefully splendid views of the diorama.

Hint: You can share the page over your Facebook accounts, just look for the button on the bottom of the page, thanks in advance.

The Blog is in a new dress too and updated technically.
All my old posts are archived and the pictures are shown bigger now. Now I only to keep updating it with new stuff.

Thanks for your fidelity

Claude

jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 08:48 PM UTC
I was wondering what had happened to Comte Claude,
J
 _GOTOTOP