_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Mil Mi -24 Afghanistan
cestus72
Visit this Community
Torino, Italy
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 227 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 - 03:50 PM UTC
http://augustomotolo.blogspot.it/ here article and picture

thanks
SpaceXhydro
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 418 posts
Armorama: 235 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 - 07:04 PM UTC
This is a great piece of work.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 - 09:42 PM UTC
Looks really good. Nice job on the helo. The base doesn't do it for me though as it is not believable. At that height, dropping onto rocky terrain, you would have a bunch of soldiers with broken legs and ankles. They wouldn't be able to jump from that high.
cestus72
Visit this Community
Torino, Italy
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 12:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This is a great piece of work.

thanks
cestus72
Visit this Community
Torino, Italy
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 12:49 AM UTC
Is an diorama i try to have a compromise with real life but at the and that not is real just diorama
cestus72
Visit this Community
Torino, Italy
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 03:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks really good. Nice job on the helo. The base doesn't do it for me though as it is not believable. At that height, dropping onto rocky terrain, you would have a bunch of soldiers with broken legs and ankles. They wouldn't be able to jump from that high.

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 06:15 PM UTC
That MI-8 is a lot lower than your Hind is. The dio still doesn't work for me, but that is just me.
ijozic
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 07:24 PM UTC
IMHO, the problem is that small hilltop next to the helicopter which makes it look like it's crashed and resting on it. If the helicopter is indeed supposed to be hovering, it should be straight, not angled and hovering that low I assume the pilot might have preferred to have the gear out.
cestus72
Visit this Community
Torino, Italy
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 02:41 PM UTC
People I had to force the scene to find a way to keep suspended the 'helicopter I thought you would understand, I also know that in reality the helicopter would have crashed anyway is sad that in the dynamics of the diorama you to see just these trivial defects
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 06:53 PM UTC
Very nice diorama. Perhaps, if the soldier was not jumping, but already on the ground, You could make it a bit more believable.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:16 PM UTC
We all understand what and why did it that way. We just don't think it looks realistic or effective. There are better ways to suspend the helicopter. The way you have done it just doesn't look right. Sorry you are not getting all sorts of praise, but that is the way it is.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 09:09 PM UTC
If we really want to split hairs, that's not an Mi-8 in the above photo - it's an Mi-17. But I digress.

Looking at it strictly from the standpoint of a dude who's been doing rotary wing ops since 1982, (Parachute jumps, fast rope, rappeling, and helocasting into the North Sea) and still does, here are my thoughts:
The pilot is not very likely to have intentionally brought the aircraft into that attitude, but with updrafts, especially on uneven terrain, it could certainly shift into that position momentarily. One only has to read the crash reports of Chinooks in Afghanistan. And they're VERY stable due to the dual main rotors.If they can do it, any helo can.

Anyone else here ever jumped from a Huey? The violent rocking side to side as you slide off the floor? Sometimes I felt like I was going to fall out before the "Go" command. It can certainly happen with a couple of Muldoons jumping off of one side and then the other.

That question from Zero Dark Thirty rings true: Anyone here not been in a helo crash? Hard landings, falls, any number of unanticipated events - all part of the game. I don't find the height extreme (witness the Mi-17 photo) as a combat loaded parachute landing is like jumping off the roof of your house, and I've jumped from that height or higher myself. We all have. That's why every retired SF dude I know is on 100% disabiity.

After all that, all I can say is, I'd like to see better quality photos.
 _GOTOTOP