_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Ram Kangaroo APC
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 11:55 AM UTC
Hey guy's,
Does anyone know of a plastic offering of the British Ram Kangaroo besides the one offered in resin by Resicast? Someone told me Italeri put one out awhile back but so far no
luck confirming this let alone finding one on the usual hard to find kit sources,I'm hoping someone else offers this vehicle even if it's a crappy one (lol). Any help would be most
appreciated.
Happy Modeling
modelmaniac
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 12:01 PM UTC
Yeah modelmaniac, I just saw one at my local hobby shop (Colpar) today. I want to say it's an Academy offering. Not sure. I'll check for you tomorrow if you want. I'll even pick it up for you if you're interested.
Let me know.

Tread.
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 12:06 PM UTC
Cool Tread,
Make sure it's not the other Kangaroo,the British converted some M-7 Priest's to the APC roll the one I want is the Canadian Ram tank with the M-3 Lee suspension and turret removed,it has a small mg turret next to the drivers position.
Thanks
modelmaniac
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 09:22 PM UTC
Armed with that list (whew!) I'll try to check for you today.

Tread.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 09:43 PM UTC
You may be thinking of the AFV Club M-35 turretless prime mover based on the M-10 hull Treadhead.
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 939 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 10:29 PM UTC
You are SOL. (and I don't mean the figure company )

There is no plastic kit of the RAM Kangaroo. You could cobble one together from various parts of different kits.

I believe that an Eastern European company makes a Sexton (in resin), and they may have a RAM in the works.

Cheers
Andy

GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 12:53 AM UTC
Andy's correct - the Italeri Kangaroo APC is the British conversion of the M7 105mm HMC - not the RAM Kangaroo in which you seek...

Gunnie
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 01:04 AM UTC
Thanks guy's, I know Italeri put the one Guntruck mentioned, and I had a feeling the guy who told me they put out the other one was pulling my leg but I had to try just in case.
The Resicast offering is nice but the price is what kills my need for it.
Thanks for your efforts,I appreciate it.

modelmaniac
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 01:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Make sure it's not the other Kangaroo,the British converted some M-7 Priest's to the APC roll the one I want is the Canadian Ram tank with the M-3 Lee suspension and turret removed,it has a small mg turret next to the drivers position.

For your information, David Bercuson, in his book Maple Leaf Against the Axis, describes the "kangaroos" designed by Guy Simonds, commander of the 2nd Canadian Corps, during Operation Totalize as being "Priest self-propelled guns with the guns removed and reinforced steel plate welded on at key places." Operation Totalize was the Canadian attempt to close the Falaise pocket in August 1944. If you want a Canadian subject, the Priest conversion would work.

Nic
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 08:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

For your information, David Bercuson, in his book Maple Leaf Against the Axis, describes the "kangaroos" designed by Guy Simonds, commander of the 2nd Canadian Corps, during Operation Totalize as being "Priest self-propelled guns with the guns removed and reinforced steel plate welded on at key places." Operation Totalize was the Canadian attempt to close the Falaise pocket in August 1944. If you want a Canadian subject, the Priest conversion would work.

Nic

Nic--very nice run down.
thanks
DJ
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 10:09 PM UTC
Howdy modelmaniac,

Sorry, checked on my way home yesterday, it is the Italeri offering. I wish I could have been more help...

Tread.

Looked like a pretty good kit tho'
 _GOTOTOP