_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Takom T-14
ruzzaa
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 02:11 PM UTC
A peek at the box contents, I just want my kit now.

My Takom T-14 has arrived,it has a very big hull.

This is the trumpeter Challenger 2 hull, next to the T-14. Giving you an idea of the length, of the T-14.

ruzzaa
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 02:17 PM UTC
For got to say, this is how I would like my T-14 look like, I have the valkyrie figure set.

Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 04:57 PM UTC
Geoff I like the dio idea you have- those figures look excellent and it should look great on the road surface with the figures in place. Looking forward to seeing this develop.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 08:02 PM UTC
That looks like a really long hull indeed.. and the kit looks pretty simple and straight forward.. just as I like them

Been thinking about getting one, as I have that figure set, also

Hisham
MissAnna
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 96 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 08:05 PM UTC
Do want!

The T-14 almost looks like a toy from the GI Joe: A Real American Hero line I had. XD

The kit looks really good.
BobSolo
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 331 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 10:50 PM UTC
When i first saw this tank, the box art showed the turret at an angle that made it look slimmer than it is (which is good for evading shells i guess) i thought it looked a bit like a LEGO toy But the more i see of this tank the more i like it, its a modern beast

Looking at the challenger hull the T-14 seems to be a similar sized tank, a lil wider but with a huge bit of extra armour? built into the front, does anyone know whats in there? bigger fuel tank, room for more shells? massive lump of armour in a detachable front?
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 10:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking at the challenger hull the T-14 seems to be a similar sized tank, a lil wider but with a huge bit of extra armour? built into the front, does anyone know whats in there? bigger fuel tank, room for more shells? massive lump of armour in a detachable front?

Its room for the crew to fit in it!
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 02:45 AM UTC
Compare the distances from the drivers hatches back to the rear end for the Challenger and T-14 hulls, more or less the same -> my guess: armour of some type or other, maybe using layers of different types/hardness/density to mess with different types of projectiles/missiles.
David1988
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 04:10 AM UTC
According to Russian-language media, T-14 is the first tank to contain a sealed internal "armoured capsule" which gives additional protection to the crew in the event that the external armour is penetrated.

This detail may explain the length of the hull . . .
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 - 08:02 AM UTC
Hi;

Or like the BMT-72 it could Hide A Brace of Infantry. The BMT-72 also Supports Seven road wheel stations and is almost as Long as the T-14. Now this is just Speculation on my part you understang,

CHEERS; MIKE.
ejasonk
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 226 posts
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 - 03:22 PM UTC
Well, don't fix on their saying "armored capsule". Actually it's not. The armour is not better than on other western tanks. The point is, that fixed a mistake of russian tank design, which hold for decades up to T-90 series. It's the turret, which is too small, too weak armored. Because of the loading automat, which takes a lot of place, the crew was tightened and a hit turns deadly. So the fixed it now by removing the crew out of the turret. They are now protected as the driver is.

The length of the T-14 is caused by the fact it is a platform for APC and so on. So, it's not a full-meaning tank. Due to it's size however the structure seems down-armoured to stay in weight balance. That's why the count in reactive armour, as additional first stage shield.

But however, the kit itself is really good. My first Takom kit. Well researched by judging the photos available on the Internet
Removed by original poster on 12/19/15 - 11:20:34 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 12/19/15 - 11:21:23 (GMT).
Spartak
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 130 posts
Armorama: 108 posts
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 - 04:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

For got to say, this is how I would like my T-14 look like, I have the valkyrie figure set.

What will you do with Vladimir Putin?
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 - 07:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

What will you do with Vladimir Putin?

I'd alter Vladimir by portraying him with a naked torso and arms, since he often likes to show himself as a "he-man", for the benefit of the news media...
 _GOTOTOP