Hosted by Darren Baker
Revell Leopard 2A6 questions
JeffCsr
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 02:02 AM UTC
This is the earlier kit 03060, I thought I was ordering the new tooled kit.

Anyway, Assembly is straight forward my question is the kit provides both the older 4x4 smoke grenade launchers and Dutch? style 6x6 grenade launchers. These are not to be used for the German version correct?

The only decals are for Pz Battalion203 and Pz Battalion 64. Both German tanks.

Supplied is the orange strobe light for the turret and the multi(wargame) grenade launcher.

So the kit comes with 2 flags, either put the German flag decals on each, or paint one flag Green and one Red. What are these 2 different colored flags for, just wargames?

Also a red aerial decal that goes on the top of the turret. Is this also for combat use, or wargames?
JeffCsr
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 02:43 AM UTC
If this helps, I googled Leopard 2 war exercises,

In all of google I found 1 tank with a red, and 1 tank with a green flag. I saw no Leopards with both colored flags.

Then I came across a picture of a squad of Marders, some had green flags but more had both green and red. This was during a 'Noble Jump' joint readiness exercise in Poland 2015 when Russia and Ukraine were at it.
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 03:02 AM UTC
I think the flags are for use on firing range.
chnoone
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 1,033 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 03:07 AM UTC
Hey Jeff

If you have 2X 4 grenade/smoke-launchers on each side then it's the early typ, exchanged from around 2005 onwards with the new version 6 above and 2 below at the end of a single rail.
The Dutch Leo have their own style (completely different design) comprising of 6 tubes per side.
The strobe is always used when on public roads.
The fire simulator is usually only attached when on EX.
Flags used by the German Army:
BLUE on all vehicles in a column except the last one which has GREEN flag.
YELLOW for technical problems/breakdown.
RED is used for vehicles in "higher risk/danger" condition ... when being towed or on the range indicating this tank is "hot" ... locked and loaded for live weapons fire ... when live fire is completed the flag is changed back to GREEN, indicating that all weapons are on safe, so the RED flag is put up usually when the vehicle is in it's firing position or awaiting to drive down range engaging targets on the move.
Hope this helps

Cheers
Christopher
JeffCsr
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 05:17 AM UTC
Helps a lot, thanks guys!
 _GOTOTOP