_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Searching Buy, Sell, or Trade?
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 09:44 PM UTC
Is it possible to search the Buy, Sell, or Trade forum?

Thx,
KL
panzer_fan
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 427 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 10:19 PM UTC
Just the Buy, Sell forum? No, it isn't possible. This would be a nice upgrade to the site actually.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2015 - 01:04 AM UTC
That WOULD be an interesting feature... but how it's titled or entered would affect the end result in the search. Just like anywhere else.

I also think members should follow up on their posts with the results, such as SOLD or FOUND/BOUGHT or not allowed to post any more future threads.

This way no one will need to PM or reply to them.

JAT

Jeff
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2015 - 04:02 AM UTC
I won't go into the multitude of times I have offered to create a more search friendly database.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2015 - 06:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just the Buy, Sell forum? No, it isn't possible. This would be a nice upgrade to the site actually.

To my knowledge BST results don't come up at all when you use the search at the top of the page. I just copied a phrase from one of the higher posts and no BST hits by page 10.

I'm willing to live without seeing the listings for "hetzlers", "turrents", and "muzzel breaks" if I can get the other 99% that are sensible.

KL
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2015 - 06:39 AM UTC
It all depends on the context of where you do the search. The Buy, Sell, Trade forum is a Kitmaker forum, not an Armorama forum. If you do the search from the Armorama page, as stated beside the search field, the results are from Armorama forums. If you go the Kitmaker homepage and do the search you will get items from the Buy, Sell, Trade forum.

Simple.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2015 - 07:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It all depends on the context of where you do the search. The Buy, Sell, Trade forum is a Kitmaker forum, not an Armorama forum. If you do the search from the Armorama page, as stated beside the search field, the results are from Armorama forums. If you go the Kitmaker homepage and do the search you will get items from the Buy, Sell, Trade forum.

Simple.

Geez, that's so plainly obvious . . . I don't know how I missed it

Even by doing that the regular forums drown everything out. Searching by particular forum would definitely be a good option to have.

KL
 _GOTOTOP