_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Fallout
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2015 - 08:30 PM UTC
After millions of gamers got hooked at Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, the brand new Fallout 4 was launched last week. In the meantime, over 12 milliion copies of the game were shipped, and millions were purchased and downloaded online.
Would this not be the right moment for one of those many figure companies to produce a few resin figures? A Vault Dweller with dog, one or several Power Armor figures...
They could make for superb dioramas! Fallout Screenshot
If not: here's one COOOOOOL scratchbuilding project. Even after all these years of not-modeling, my fingers start to itch !
Maozer
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2015 - 09:57 PM UTC
Cool idea, but I don't think the demographics for fallout fans match those of modelling, so manufacterers have no incentive. Even the sci-fi genre is restricted to star wars . although it would be cool to have t-60 power armour in 1/16
Molentik
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2015 - 11:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Cool idea, but I don't think the demographics for fallout fans match those of modelling, so manufacterers have no incentive. Even the sci-fi genre is restricted to star wars . although it would be cool to have t-60 power armour in 1/16

We have a saying, roughly translated to 'What doesn't exist, could still be'

I was toying with the same idea the last few weeks, probably some power armor in 1/6. Hard to find good plans/drawings and measurements though!
Molentik
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2015 - 11:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

There is a much bigger overlap with 1/6 figures of all kinds of comics/movies/games. From there on its a small step to interest people to 1/16.

Also don't forget the scala of Gundam kits by Bandai etc!
hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 12:05 AM UTC
There is a company that produces some 28mm miniatures but I just can't remember there name!

Paul
hofpig
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 12:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

There is a much bigger overlap with 1/6 figures of all kinds of comics/movies/games. From there on its a small step to interest people to 1/16.

Also don't forget the scala of Gundam kits by Bandai etc!

Only trouble with the Gundam stuff is the scale 1/144, 1/00 or 1/60 all a bit small.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 12:34 AM UTC
This is a real "hit or miss" wish. Chances are we might see Fallout 4 figures as action figures or prepainted statues first. Bungie's DESTINY characters will release as 1/6 prepainted action figures in 2016.

I emailed the art director and sculptor of the videogame TITANFALL. He sculpted some awesome TITANFALL figures out of putty, brass, wire, and bits of plastic. However, he has no intention of selling these figures as model kits. A few will appear as 1/6 prepainted action figures though.
Grindcore
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 389 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 12:54 AM UTC

There are some STALKER figures here and there, so you never know.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 01:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There are some STALKER figures here and there, so you never know.

True enough .
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 11:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, This makes at least a few of us. I'm thinking of modding existing figures in 1/35. The power armour and the garage in the picture seem great to scratch build.

One day for sure!
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 05:35 PM UTC
Hi Im using this in a similar dio

and his girlfriend.

Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 07:30 PM UTC
Sometime last year in sketchup, I started updating a T51b power armor 3d model that I snatched from the Fallout (FO3 I think) game. The model is low poly, so all the surfaces have to be created around the existing mesh, plus most details exist only as a texture in the game (e.g. rivets and panel lines) so these have to be modeled too.

I managed to remodel the 'respirator mask' part of the helmet.
Next I was thinking of taking the remaining work to rhino 3d, as it is better suited to this kind of surface work and is less whimsical than sketchup, and 3d printing the whole figure to have sort poseability on the joints.

Then it got mothballed as real work got in the way.

Cheers,
Greg
 _GOTOTOP