_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Anyone Ever Use the Live-Resin 120mm Heads?
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 06:51 AM UTC
Has anyone ever used the 120mm Live-Resin ACH heads with cheek chops as a replacement head for their 120mm figures? Does the head and neck fit well with 120mm figures? And if you did, which figure did you use the Live-Resin head on?

I'm wondering if the Live-Resin head's scale is compatible or if the Live-Resin's head is too big or small for 120mm resin figures.

Thanks in advance.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 07:14 AM UTC
Anyone?
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 12:38 PM UTC
Hold on Peter, I need one for a project; I'll grab it and let you know. As I only need the one, you're welcome to the other (they are sold in pairs), if you're interested.

I'm going for the helmet with cover, if it makes a difference.

Kylie
And yes, it is to go on my assault gunner from Ant Miniatures.
Khollar
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 11:31 PM UTC
Peter,

I have both of their 1/16th scale head sets and they are nicely done. Of course, most of their faces are covered, so there is not much in the way of facial expressions. The glasses, headsets and chinstraps are neatly done, and the helmets are excellent.

I have not used them yet, but am planning to use them to update some of the Airborne Miniatures figures. They compare very favorably scale-wise to the Airborne kits,

My only complaint about these heads is that the necks are rather large and will need a good bit of trimming to fit into the neck sockets on most figures.

I hope that some of this was helpful to you.

Kurt
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 11:39 PM UTC
Hi Kurt,

Thanks! Yes, it's the neck width that I am concerned about. Even with the 1/35 Live-Resin heads, the necks are often too large to fit on other manufacturers' figures' neck sockets.

I agree that one could sand down the base of the Live-Resin neck to fit, but where does it get to the point that sanding down the neck too much would make it appear odd looking?

Do you think it's still possible with the 120mm Live-Resin necks to get them to fit?
Khollar
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2015 - 08:59 AM UTC
Yes, I believe that they can be carved down to size with a little patience. I would avoid trying to do that much sanding due to the dust it would create. I'd recommend carving them down using an x-acto knife or something similar.

Kurt
 _GOTOTOP