Armor/AFV: Braille Scale
1/72 and 1/76 Scale Armor and AFVs.
Hosted by Darren Baker
ExtraTech M36 Jackson Quick Look
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 11:42 AM UTC
My tiny little Braille scale tank destroyer came in today (only one week from Squadron Mail Order). It looks very good and consists of four plastic sprues bagged in pairs. In a separate bag there is a small fret with 17 photoetch parts, a small resin stub with seven parts and a decal set with markings for two different vehicles.

One bag contains a small sprue with the turret and a larger sprue with the hull. The main gun does not have a muzzle brake and is molded in one piece. There is a fairly basic interior for the turret, hull floor and driver's compartment. In this scale it is probably more than sufficient. Hull ammo load consists of 12 ammo tubes ("Tootsie Rolls").

There are two upper hulls. One is blanked out in the directions. The only difference in upper hulls is the one not used has circular marks where the round bolts go on the side and front slopes. The circular bolts are still used on the front slope according to the instructions, but that hull does not have any circular marks on the front. Forty bolt heads are still included but only eight are used on the front slope.

The other bag includes the suspension and link and length tracks. Fairly nice tracks, I'd like a set for some other Sherman chassisied kits I have.

The PE fret includes an engine deck and the directions show to remove the molded on one (it is different). Other PE parts are the .50 cal handles, hot barrel handle, driver's floor (with pedals), driver's levers, turret floor, breech guard, travel lock, driver's windshield storage rack, headlight guards, taillight guards, and optional turret grunt rails.

The resin parts are the six fuel caps for the PE back deck and the exhaust deflector. Decals are for a 2nd Cavalry or 703rd Tank Destroyer Battalion vehicle. Normal OD green with all white markings.

[Note: Hey Nate, the 2nd Cav's vehicle is named "Pork Chop".]
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 02:07 AM UTC
Rob,

That sounds nice. I wish I had the skills to do a kit like that justice, but I just can't do that kind of detail in brail scale. The pe must be microscopic! Are you gonna build it in the near future? If you do post some pics. At least I can look and dream.

Chuck
 _GOTOTOP