_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
MiniArt PzKpfw III Ausf. B turret basket
Rohirrim
Visit this Community
Slovenia
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 10:03 PM UTC
Hello,

after finally beginning the model I have had for months (MiniArt Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf. B, number 35162) and discovering some major parts were not accurate and needed replacing (I bought both additions from the TMD and am now waiting for them to be shipped), I was left with assembling the turret. However, that one has a flaw as well. According to Tom Cockle and his point he made on the network 54 (link is here: http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/thread/1427859408 ) the basket was not present in that version of the tank since it was added only later. As a modeller a bit overly obsessed with accuracy (but are we not all ), I would like to somehow correct that the best I can. Mr Cockle wrote simply not to use those parts, but lacking any photos of that, I am wandering in the dark - it would be of great help if anyone could provide me with any advice which parts to use and which not, and in what way?

I will be most grateful
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 10:43 PM UTC
You can't really do a proper interior with the kit parts, as the basket (the revolving floor that the loader could stand on) was not present in MOST of the Pz. IIIs.

If you don't have it already, I strongly recommend purchasing a copy of Panzer Tracts 3-1 for the Ausf. A-D. Remember, only a handful of these tanks were built and information about them is sometimes sketchy and limited.
Rohirrim
Visit this Community
Slovenia
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 - 12:12 AM UTC
Thank you very much for a speedy reply! It is much appreciated

So I will just leave out the entire structure and assemble the upper part of the turret only ... looks like the best solution. Still need to find a way to paint the interior of the turret, though, since I lack the airbrush at the moment ...
 _GOTOTOP