_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Women Figures
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Armorama: 2,005 posts
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 - 02:46 AM UTC
It's nice to see some, but I should think manufacturers would come up with nurses, desk workers, switchboard operators, and the like, or even seated civilians.

I read that in Nazi Germany, many Helferinnen never received uniforms because of shortages, and had to wear civvies.
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 - 02:52 AM UTC
I agree Tom. I'd really like to see some seated civilians. I've had the Miniart Tram for a long time waiting for some passengers. Miniart did post something a while back about a group of figs for the tram but nothing ever happened.
We can all hope can't we?
Have a good weekend !
Tom
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 - 04:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree Tom. I'd really like to see some seated civilians. I've had the Miniart Tram for a long time waiting for some passengers. Miniart did post something a while back about a group of figs for the tram but nothing ever happened.
Have a good weekend !
Tom

Bring on WACS, WAVES, SPARS, WRENS, RAF Women (I can't remember if the RAF women had their own name) ATS Girls, Red Cross and USO Girls, Women Marines, YOU NAME IT!

I think it's also high time that we saw more "average-looking" figures, i.e, overweight, underweight, and what we would call "plain-looking" figures. Maybe even a few "ugly" ones. Not everyone looks like a movie star, and I firmly believe that it's time for a change...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 - 04:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Have a good weekend !
Tom

I keep seeing the "Tram Figures" in MINIART's "Up-coming" releases. More GIs on the way, too! Latest MINIART stuff can be seen on PMMS' "New Kit News" blogs...
VANDY1VX4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 - 09:00 AM UTC
These modern Russian figures look nice Come with two female's
http://www.hlj.com/product/max01026
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 - 09:18 AM UTC
Maybe a switchboard operator that looks like Lily Tomlin?
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 - 09:59 AM UTC
Nurses in white uniforms with the little white caps and the blue wool capes and seams on the back of the... sorry I got lost for second..

Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 - 10:52 AM UTC
I agree we could do with more women figures nurses, aux fire crew, army/navy/airforce service and general background staff, but not just women. We could also do with civilians not just from WWII but from all time frames, WWI - modern.

Quoted Text

Have a good weekend !
Tom

Tom Miniart have had the passenger sets out for sometime now, a seated set of passengers and a set of standing passengers with a driver and clippy (ticket collector).
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 - 02:31 PM UTC
Aurora Model has released several female figures that may be worth a look. The faces may have a "anime" look, but I prefer that to the one of some recent releases from other manufacturers...

http://aurora-model.jp/e-military.html

PS : some of them may be not be usable for a winter dio

H.P.

long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 - 08:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Aurora Model has released several female figures that may be worth a look. The faces may have a "anime" look, but I prefer that to the one of some recent releases from other manufacturers...

http://aurora-model.jp/e-military.html

PS : some of them may be not be usable for a winter dio

H.P.

Neat, but I much prefer plastic, especially with such nice items coming from ICM and Miniart.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 - 08:43 PM UTC
I agree that working with metal makes things more difficult....

H.P.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 01:15 AM UTC
The Japanese have a lot of sexual issues that come out in their art and miniatures.
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 01:43 AM UTC
Luciano, Are the 2 Tram figure sets available in Europe ? I open Miniart's sponsor's advertisements, on the Armorama website, and they still have "Coming soon" next to the artwork.
Frenchy, thank you for the link to the Aurora web site. There are some figures that would work but at $20 a figure, OUCH!!!
Most of the figures are naughty but nice.

Tom
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 02:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nurses in white uniforms with the little white caps and the blue wool capes and seams on the back of the... sorry I got lost for second..

You should see what she can do with a rectal thermometer!
Disith
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 04:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Luciano, Are the 2 Tram figure sets available in Europe ? I open Miniart's sponsor's advertisements, on the Armorama website, and they still have "Coming soon" next to the artwork.
Frenchy, thank you for the link to the Aurora web site. There are some figures that would work but at $20 a figure, OUCH!!!

Tom

I dont think they have been released as of yet as even hannants are showing tba as the price but no release date though and I havent seen them on sale anywhere
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 04:28 AM UTC
Have you checked Preiser? They make a wide range of figgies in a lot of scales too. I would think figs placed inside the tram would not have to be super good ones?
J
tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 238 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 06:16 AM UTC
How do I put in some photos here, I believe you will like what I will be releasing soon when it comes to women sitting, etc.
Powder
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 33 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 06:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Bring on WACS, WAVES, SPARS, WRENS, RAF Women (I can't remember if the RAF women had their own name)

They were called WAAFs.

You'd think one of the Russian kit manufacturers would have done something in honour of these lovely ladies:
http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/775-confirmed-kills-one-picture-1945/
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 11:39 PM UTC
There's a new 1/35 modern Russian figure set coming out with two women in it.

http://www.hlj.com/product/max01026
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 03:13 AM UTC
Just go to the Masterbox website. They gots oodles of ladies from pin-ups to just plain dames.

http://www.mbltd.info/35148.htm
http://www.mbltd.info/3567.htm
http://www.mbltd.info/3557.htm

http://www.mbltd.info/3556.htm
http://www.mbltd.info/3570.htm

There are several Luftwaffe and Wehrmacht Helferins, WAVEs and WAACs plus the pin-ups and other wartime WWII ladies. Some of the pin-up and nudes make good basses to dress yourself. Female clothing often just drapes and flows and something as simple as wet tissue can make a convincing dress.

The perfect ones would be the Preiser Academy nudes but they are hard to find and expensive as far as plastic figures go.

As far as beautiful versus homely? You can always paint homely or do a little filing to the nose or lips to make Rita Hayworth into Margaret Hamilton.

Once upon a time there was a German metal figure company that made an entire line of Helferins including full gun crews and radio operators. It'd be nice to see a lady British AA gun crew but we'd need a British AA gun model first.
Littorio
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 03:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Tom

I dont think they have been released as of yet as even hannants are showing tba as the price but no release date though and I havent seen them on sale anywhere

Personally not seen them as I've not been looking but seen them advertised on sites.

Neil, never take Hannants as a guide for something being released. I've had a trumpeter 1/144 Su-47 in the stash then built, went to shows for a year, relegated to the display case then disposed of once it got damaged, that was over 3 years ago, Hannants still show it as a future release!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 06:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Bring on WACS, WAVES, SPARS, WRENS, RAF Women (I can't remember if the RAF women had their own name)

They were called WAAFs.

You'd think one of the Russian kit manufacturers would have done something in honour of these lovely ladies:

THANKS!
hofpig
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 07:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Have a good weekend !
Tom

Bring on WACS, WAVES, SPARS, WRENS, RAF Women (I can't remember if the RAF women had their own name) ATS Girls, Red Cross and USO Girls, Women Marines, YOU NAME IT!

I think it's also high time that we saw more "average-looking" figures, i.e, overweight, underweight, and what we would call "plain-looking" figures. Maybe even a few "ugly" ones. Not everyone looks like a movie star, and I firmly believe that it's time for a change...

try skp, they have a bunch ATS, WREN, WAAF even the then Princess Elizabeth in ATS uniform. Swash design also do some ATS inc a dispatch rider and a US Field nurse.

Paul
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 08:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

They were called WAAFs.

Thank you for the link here. I'd never read of Roza Shanina and her story. Very sad and interesting. Thank you for sharing. More insight into the Russian struggles of that time. Best regards
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 08:53 PM UTC
Jerry, you were right about Preiser figures. I went to Walther's Trains website and found lots of civvies both sitting & standing, mostly in 1/32 scale. Unfortunately everything was on back order with delivery dates unknown. Darned shame too because Walther's is only a few miles away and could of got instant satisfaction
Thanks for the idea though !
Tom
 _GOTOTOP