_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
DML T-34/85 1944 model
vicbc
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 09:15 AM UTC
I am thinking of trading some modern armour for this DML kit. Is it any good ? What are the tracks like ? How does it compare to other companies' versions ?
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 09:29 AM UTC
Ola Vicbc

I built it a couple of months ago and It`s a wonderfull kit. The fit is very nice, tracks are ok and it`s a wonderfull looking tank. I have used the Royal models Exterior Update on it but I`m sure it will built wonderfull OOTB

Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 10:32 AM UTC
hi vicbc,
i am at present working on the RPM T-34/85 Rudy, meeds a tiny bit of TLC, but i considerate it to be the most accurate. will go great with new Russkies coming out from Dragon.

Chris
yorkie
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 101 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 10:07 PM UTC
I haven't built this one. I am working on the DML T-34/76. It got my vote for the best kit of 2003. Tracks are the same with the T-34/85. Though there some shallow pin marks on the inside, these are still some of the best "in-kit" tracks.
DMS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 05:24 AM UTC
The DML kit is excellent. A couple parts were a little vexing to get together (a couple pieces just didn't fit right), but it's overall a very well done kit. I also have the T-34/85 from Zvezda which was rather nice, but it certainly needed a bit more attention and care in its construction and the detail wasn't as nice (especially the turret's cast texture), but it did cost me a little less.
 _GOTOTOP