_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Bronco 6x6 Buffalo MPCV
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2015 - 01:34 PM UTC
Hi all.... it has been almost 3 years since i havent build anything... to give a kick to my morale, i restart with something that contains many parts and quite a complicated kit IMHO..

LHS threw a nice discount for the buffalo and i going to build this as OOB.

The kit i received suffer from bad postman syndrome.. some parts are broken and the hull was kinda squeezed and the cab was 'punctured' .. Nonetheless i try to fix all the damages and build this as a fun kit. )

Progress has begun 5 days ago ...

The first step is the suspension system. I spend almost 10 hours just to assemble the front and rear suspension. Bronco design for the parts to me movable such as the wheels and steering rod but i just glue them into place. Made life easier.
PE parts are good and easy to work.

The wheels are another cleverly engineered. Love the wheels although it's hard to clean the inside of the wheels.

Next the interior...the seat consist of 6 parts... ( i didnt assembled all the smaller parts which will no be seen once completed.
The floor is too soft. So i reinforced with plastic I beam.

So i just painted the seats, dashboard , panel . The floor and walls were just given a sephia wash.

Next step is mating the hull, the cab and the interior. Like i said, the hull suffered from roughness of postal workers handling, so the front part is warped.
SO what i did in order for the part to fit perfectly is to drill holes on the wall, insert a brass wire and twisted the wire until the wall were perfectly mate each other.
[/URL]

that's for now... thanks for looking.
Happy New Year and Happy Holidays
Sil
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2015 - 06:06 PM UTC
Looking good Sil. It is a complicated kit but you're over the worst of it: the suspension. And you don't have Slat 😀
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2015 - 08:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking good Sil. It is a complicated kit but you're over the worst of it: the suspension. And you don't have Slat 😀

just an additional comment on the Buffalo, which is not meant to be critical one way or the other- The "Slats" are specific to later Iraq/Afghanistan deployment. Initially, Buffaloes in Iraq and Afghanistan didn't have the Slats, plus the last vehicles deployed also had the boxy anti-IED/RPG attachments...
 _GOTOTOP