_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
SP Designs - Great Aftermarket Supplier
exgrunt
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 301 posts
Armorama: 301 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 07:48 PM UTC
For those that are looking for quality aftermarket resin, I can't recommend SP Designs highly enough. They specialize in cold-war / modern Russian subjects, both conversion and correction sets.

I just purchased their BMP-1P correction set, received my parts within a month, direct from the Ukraine to the US (not bad considering this was during the Christmas shipping rush). The quality was great, the turret correction set (also includes hatches, rear doors and some small bits) cost $5.00!! You can't go wrong with these guys. Sergei could sell that set at 4 times the amount I paid and it would still be a good value.

http://afv1-35.wix.com/spdesigns
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 06:13 AM UTC
Yes, Sergej is a good guy. I have been working with him since 1998. For those who are still a little nervous about buying outside the US, I sell for him here (and I do it for free, so he does not loose any sale money) at http://saammodels.tripod.com/ However, if you are comfortable with buying from Ukraine, I recommend you do it directly.

We are trying to figure out a way to merge both websites, but still give customers the ability to ship from either Ukraine or the US. Time will tell.

And yes, I get my stock in later than Sergej posts on his site. But, I do update my site when I get it.
duttons
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 04:39 PM UTC
As a long time customer of these products, I would like to just add to this. Sergei has been producing cold war stuff long before it was fashionable.

I've purchased mainly from the US store, not because of any concerns but just plain convenience in those early days, and as you will see I'm down under.

I've got numerous ones from eBay, one really old one last week, and I've had email correspondence with Sergei to sort out problems, not of his making, and he has always been generous with his time.

I personally find his work remarkable, the real early stuff was not of the same quality he does now, but the were comparable with my other early resin. His current stuff is great and the wide selection available is just amazing.

I'm always on the lookout for another of his interesting projects of my cold war stuff.

I dont have any relationship with either Sergei or Jacques beyond a VERY grateful customer, I wouldn't have a T-80 Snow Leopard without them both.

Thanks guys.
Scott
 _GOTOTOP