_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Meng M2A3 Bradley BUSK III.
Toopac
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2016 - 08:58 PM UTC

Hey Guys,

This is the first time I post one of my finished model on this site. After a 6 month long process my Bradley is finally ready for Duty and I can call it finished. This is my favourite armour vehicle and a model was always dreaming to build on day!

I know I know there are much better Bradleys over the net and here in armorama from more experienced modeleres, but despite of some mistakes I made, Im satisfied and very happy with the results, and I think thats the point! I mostly build modern US armours in Iraq or Afghanistan topic and without this Bradley, my collection would be incomplete.

Dont need to introduce this Meng kit, it was a really fun 6 months without any major headache. So highly recommended for anyone who interested in this "ERA".

Peter
system
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 364 posts
Armorama: 363 posts
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:12 PM UTC
Fine work, Peter. Subtle weathering, and I like the spots of colour the accessories bring. Thanks for sharing
Toopac
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:12 PM UTC
And here are some pictures of the interior, I spent a lots of time with!

Peter
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:16 PM UTC
Nice work. Do you plan figures for the turret ?

What have you thought about the workable tracks ? The box mention says "cement free" is it true ?

Toopac
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:24 PM UTC
Hi Alex,

Yes it is absolutely true! No cement is needed. Easy to assemble, easy to work with. I built the Meng's T-90, and putting together those tracks took twice as long than this. For Bradley went really fast! So you only need your fingers and some patience and you can snap-together in a short time!

terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:43 PM UTC
OK thanks.
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:56 PM UTC
Very nice work! Thanks for sharing.
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2016 - 09:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Alex,

Yes it is absolutely true! No cement is needed. Easy to assemble, easy to work with. I built the Meng's T-90, and putting together those tracks took twice as long than this. For Bradley went really fast! So you only need your fingers and some patience and you can snap-together in a short time!

^ That alone may have sold this kit to me

BTW, looks good and detailed. I really like the paint flaking off of the front mud flaps.

WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 01:41 AM UTC
Peter, you say that there are better M2A3 models out there. This comes close to being the best! Your use of subtle weathering techniques is perfect for modern era vehicles. In most photos I've seen of them from the late OIF period they display very little wear. They also have very little storage on their exteriors. Your track has the perfect balance to make it believable. Your work on the interior is fantastic as well. I got this model for Christmas and can't wait to clear my bench to start it. I habe snapped some short runs of the track together because I don't want it to become tedious later. Again, beautiful build.

Regards,

Eric
SpaceXhydro
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 418 posts
Armorama: 235 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 01:41 AM UTC
I never thought this kit required cement to put together. But anyway this build looks very nice. I would like to get my own Bradley some day.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 02:09 AM UTC
Good job on it. It looks really good.
Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 09:18 AM UTC
Nice clean build, very sharp. Particularly like the way you varied the color/tone of the tiles. Hope mine turns out half as good when I get around to it.
Removed by original poster on 01/10/16 - 10:08:30 (GMT).
Toopac
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 03:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice clean build, very sharp. Particularly like the way you varied the color/tone of the tiles. Hope mine turns out half as good when I get around to it.

Hi Sir! No worries my Friend! Yours will be much better!! Happy modelling!
Toopac
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 03:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Peter, you say that there are better M2A3 models out there. This comes close to being the best! Your use of subtle weathering techniques is perfect for modern era vehicles. In most photos I've seen of them from the late OIF period they display very little wear. They also have very little storage on their exteriors. Your track has the perfect balance to make it believable. Your work on the interior is fantastic as well. I got this model for Christmas and can't wait to clear my bench to start it. I habe snapped some short runs of the track together because I don't want it to become tedious later. Again, beautiful build.

Regards,

Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your kind words! Yes when i was looking around the net and collecting reference photos, I didnt find to much BUSK III. photos and none of them were heavy dirty or muddy. This is one of the reasons the subtle weathering. The other is I say sometimes less is more, and I always weather my models lighty. If I make dio thats okay, but without making any diorama a muddy weathering can hide lots of beautiful details of your model.

What a nice gift for Christmas! You wont dissapoint in it my Friend!

Peter
Modelrob
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 304 posts
Armorama: 293 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 03:54 PM UTC
Nicely executed the paint job looks great.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 11:28 PM UTC
Excellent work, especially the interior!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 11:55 PM UTC
It looks really nice. Good job on it. A couple things on it though. The rear stop lights look amber to me. They should be red. The "Keep Back" sign that you have on the front should be on the outside of the rear ramp.
Toopac
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 - 01:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It looks really nice. Good job on it. A couple things on it though. The rear stop lights look amber to me. They should be red. The "Keep Back" sign that you have on the front should be on the outside of the rear ramp.

Hey Arty! Thanks for the Tip. Regarding that sign, I was not sure about where to put. But maybe you are right, and Im going to replace it to the back! That rear lights are really delicate, Im not sure about if I try to fix it I wont brake something.

Peter
 _GOTOTOP