_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
IS-7 machine gun replacement?
ceerosvk
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 171 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 01:16 AM UTC
Hey fellas.

Earlier today i was cleaning up my model showcase cabinet and i was sweeping dust away from some older, finished models with an old, soft make-up brush - the best method i tried yet.

But, guess what happend, a modellers nightmare, the coaxial machne gun broke down and fell god knows where, didn't find it at all. My bad, that tiny part was especially brittle, i broke it several times during building the kit.... Well, what can i do.

The question now is - where can i get a replacement for it? Google is telling me that the MG is called CPV44 and i had hard times finding a replacement part for it (something like this http://www.rbmodel.com/picture.php?dir=35B39).
Anyone knows if such replacement part exists? Or whether is there other option - some alike looking MG i could use? Or perhaps someone owns the JS7 kit and built it without the top MG willing to sell it (it has another, same machinegun on the top of the turret)?

Thanks in advance.

jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 01:30 AM UTC
It's actually a 14.5mm KPV-44.

Magic Models makes a set of two turned brass barrels for the IS-7 (one coaxial and on for the AA MG). Set No.3591. They also make replacements for all the other barrels on the model.

Magic Models is available from Hobby Easy (This set is in stock this morning) and SOGA Miniatures.
ceerosvk
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 171 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 02:30 AM UTC
Oh, KPV. That might be the reason why i didn't find anything hehe.

Thanks you very much, that is exactly what i was looking for
 _GOTOTOP