_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
My "secret" projects
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 10:04 PM UTC
G'day everyone, well i have been holding out on you all, working on a few dios without telling you guys, so, i wil tell you now, and have pics soon
1st dio was the one that won 1st, i think you knew about this one but im not sure, its of some american troops moving through a field in normandy after d-day, they are moving towards a ruined barn that has some germans sitting in it drinking wine, this one is called the dangers of alchohol
The next is my Coverup dio, i never really desciribed it but i told you about it (these arent very secret yet are they #:-) ) well it has a trench going along it with a german Mg team in it, behind the trench is a ruined building where some ruskis are about to ambush the germans, this is caleld Ambush At Stalingrad.
The Next is the one i havent told you about, the one i am working on now
It is a group of Marines Fighting in Saigon during the Tet Offensive
They are moving down a road when they have come under fire from some Vc that were around the corner, i have made some buidlings, a wall (still have to make some palms) made up a dead VC from various parts from diffrerent kits( had to melt his legs a bit to bend them into a "laying flat" pose, i also made 2 marines from various parts, which i am very pleased with the otucome, now behind the group of marines i am having tamiyas M48 Patton moving along to assist, this shall be my best dio yet! :-)

Now after that one is finished, i am going to do to more Nam dios, now there is no way i can do what i have done in the past and say im gonna do them but never do it, because today i went out and bought the stuff for them

I will do another one of tet offensive, similar thing, fighting in the city, this time Hue, But this Idea i got from the movie FULL METAL JACKET, the M41 will be parked, firing randomly at buildings, marines will be resiting amoungst the rubble, and a film crew will be walking allong interviewing some marines, that one is still on the drawing board.

The Next one, i will be mentioning in another post, as i need help with it
Well then thats what i ahve been up to lately, cheers
phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 629 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 01:23 AM UTC
Sounds like someone has been very busy. Any pictures would be nice. I will say that if your other Vietnam dios are as good as "Welcome to Cambodia," then you'll be in good shape at the contests. Thanks for the update.
Kyle
Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 846 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 06:32 AM UTC
Come on- give us some pics!!
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 02:41 PM UTC
Hey , Lestweforget im sure glad to have another Nam modeler around cant wait to see pics. Just finished my coverup dio about an hour ago have pics of Khe Sahn up tommorow. What figures are you using for Nam. Were can I see youre (Welcome to Cambodia) dio. Keepem Coming Im with you when it comes to Nam
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 10:18 PM UTC
Thans guys, I will have pics soonish i hope, very soonish within the week, the tet one i am working on at the moment will be done in about a week i hope. I have used DML US marines Tet offensive, and for the figures i made from diffrent bits i just used various DML kits.
You can see pics of my welcome to cambodia dio in my gallery, cheers
 _GOTOTOP