_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
BlueStuff and GreenStuff where to find
alewar
Visit this Community
Canelones, Uruguay
KitMaker: 773 posts
Armorama: 765 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 06:05 AM UTC
Hi, I found and european site -Spain, that offer two materials for use with figures etc, one of them the "BlueStuff" some kind of thermoplastic material that can be used to reproduce parts or figures. Are reusable, and only you need a glass with warm water.
The other are two parts putty, called "GreenStuff", come in two parts one yellow and blue one.

I want to know if this materials can be found in the States?.

Any clue?, TIA

Alvaro
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 08:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, I found and european site -Spain, that offer two materials for use with figures etc, one of them the "BlueStuff" some kind of thermoplastic material that can be used to reproduce parts or figures. Are reusable, and only you need a glass with warm water.
The other are two parts putty, called "GreenStuff", come in two parts one yellow and blue one.

I want to know if this materials can be found in the States?.

Any clue?, TIA

Alvaro

Green Stuff sounds like Kneadatite epoxy putty. You can find it on Ebay, as well as many hobby and hardware retailers. It's a two part epoxy putty--you mix the two colors, and it hardens chemically without any solvents. It has the consistency of chewing gum, and can be used for sculpting small, sharp details. Tamiya also makes two similar epoxy putties. There are many different type of epoxy putty, and each has different qualities making it useful for different tasks. Milliputt, made in Britain, is like a sticky dough, though the superfine white type has a smoother texture, and Apoxy Sculpt is like modeling clay. They are all set rock hard if properly mixed, and they are extremely useful in model and figure sculpting. As for the blue thermoplastic, I have no information.
alewar
Visit this Community
Canelones, Uruguay
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 01:33 AM UTC
Thanks Gerald for your comments.
Regards Álvaro
IPLawyer
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 71 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 02:05 AM UTC
Gerald's comments on putty are spot on. I will also add you can find green stuff/kneadatite from sellers on Amazon.com.
srmalloy
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 336 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 03:07 AM UTC
The thermoplastic is probably something like InstaMorph (https://www.instamorph.com/), available on Amazon or elsewhere. Another brand is ShapeLock.
alewar
Visit this Community
Canelones, Uruguay
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 05:14 AM UTC
Sean, Mark

Thanks for the data

Alvaro
 _GOTOTOP