_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Campaigns
Group builds and online competetions. Join the fun!
Hosted by Darren Baker
502nd Heavy Panzer Battalion Diorama.
mowen16818
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 12:32 AM UTC
I want to add figures to a Dragon 6252 Tiger 1 I built. I could use suggestions on figures and also if I can put a panzer 3 ausf n in the same scene....Money is not an object because I want it to be awesome. Thanks in advance.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 01:02 AM UTC
Pz III production ceased in 1943, and the ausfN was the final variant. So yes, that would be plausible, timewise.

As for the figures, I'm not well versed though many people tout Dragon figures as the best.
maartenboersma
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 764 posts
Armorama: 742 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 01:11 AM UTC
http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/tigers.htm

To give you an idea whats out there

http://www.dersockelshop.de/modellbausaetze/militaermodellbau/massstab-1-35/1-35-figuren/1-35-weltkrieg-ii-und-i/1-35-deutsch/1-35-panzer-besatzungen/?sPage=1&sPerPage=60
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 01:12 AM UTC
Fortunately German tank crews are well represented in figure form, even if an inordinate proportion of them appear to be pointing. Manufacturers that I rate include Alpine, Hornet/Wolf and Tank but I have no doubt that there are others making German tank crews, quite apart from the plastic kit manufacturers. Exclusion from that list is not intended as impugning their quality, merely a reflection of my poor memory and limited experience of them.

Your best bet might be to decide what scene you are wanting to depict (a photo perhaps?) and that will inform how they would be dressed and what poses. Obviously you can chop and change (James Blackwell did a lovely Tiger with crew figures each made from multiple sources some years ago) to produce what you want, limited only by imagination, budget and skill.
 _GOTOTOP