_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Questions interiour Cougar Jerrv
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 05:20 AM UTC
Hello all, i have just started my cromwell cougar 6x6 Jerrv kit and i have some questions i wounder if some can help me with...
What kind of radios do they have in that veichle? Late afghanistan? Is it the sincars radio or the new radio that blast models sell, i think the name is Harris?

Is it always black interior on the Jerrv? or is it also possible with green or sand?

How many seats do they have in the rear crew compartment? 2 or 3? On all pictures i have seen it's only 2 seats but i think i have seen here also a guy writing that it can be 3 seats too.. and in the new steel masters magazine they built a Jerrv that have 3 seats in the back... So is that correct too...

And about the talon robots they have. How many do they have? 1 or 2

Helpfull for all help
Youngun
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 587 posts
Armorama: 550 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 05:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello all, i have just started my cromwell cougar 6x6 Jerrv kit and i have some questions i wounder if some can help me with...
What kind of radios do they have in that veichle? Late afghanistan? Is it the sincars radio or the new radio that blast models sell, i think the name is Harris?

Is it always black interior on the Jerrv? or is it also possible with green or sand?

How many seats do they have in the rear crew compartment? 2 or 3? On all pictures i have seen it's only 2 seats but i think i have seen here also a guy writing that it can be 3 seats too.. and in the new steel masters magazine they built a Jerrv that have 3 seats in the back... So is that correct too...

And about the talon robots they have. How many do they have? 1 or 2

Helpfull for all help

1. Not sure on the radios.
2. Its not pure black, its a mix of sand black and grey in different places.
3. 2 seats in the front and it seems from the images I've seen 2 in the back.
4. From what I've seen US Navy EOD brought 2 talons, and 1 packbot.
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,672 posts
Armorama: 2,475 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 06:49 PM UTC
It all depends on the specific vehicle you want to depict. These things are not bought of the dealers lot and put into service, every one is a custom order, then the field modifications start after their put into service. I saw two JERRVs in Kandahar used by our EOD guys, and they had two different turrets.

Here is a Canadian Cougar from 2009;

cheers
Youngun
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 587 posts
Armorama: 550 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 08:19 PM UTC
Rick would you happen to have any more pictures of the Canadian JERRV interiors. I'm now working on the interior for my Panda one and wanted to do it up as Canadian.
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 10:22 PM UTC
Thanks for the help, anyone else that have more info
spartan01
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 244 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 11:15 PM UTC
look up the tv series bomb patrol afghanistan they had some great interior shots of the JERRV
 _GOTOTOP