_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Takom T-14-- My Mystakes
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 07:44 AM UTC
Hi Everybody;

This is just A heads-Up on the T-14, and is ment for the People who are Building the Takom kit, in that you Don't make the same Errors that I did. first; Google the T-14 and use the Army recognition post and use it as A Guide as you start the Build. Second; the "U" Shaped Brackets that go on the top back right corner should be Raised and Not Flush with the Engine Deck, as I made them Flush. Third; Blank off parts of the Turret that you can see that goes thru the inside, so you can't see lite coming from the outside. Fourth; On the Turret Baskets PE, anneal the Screen over A Candle for A few seconds, and after it cools, it will make it easy too Bend and conform too the shape of the frame; Then use Liqued Plastic cement on the frame and wait until the plastic softens, and then ad the PE screen, after it has set then add the Super Glue to the inside of the frame to seal the PE to the plastic.
I Hope this Help people in Not making the mystakes that I made. As for the Takom T-14; Its A Super Model and Worth the price; Down loading pics, are A great source Info, that will give you on adding the Extra's that are missing in A Kit, and make sure you Take Notes.

CHEERS; MIKE.
DANILOG
Visit this Community
Storstrøm, Denmark
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 03:54 PM UTC
Hey Mike

Thanks for your review.

Will you please give us the part and step No., in the
Takom T-14 instruction booklet for the "errors" you made,
i cannot find the "U" shaped bracket, and what part (No.
and step please) do you have to blank off. I have no
problems with understanding the turret basket PE treatment.

Best regards
Kjeld Pedersen
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
KitMaker: 880 posts
Armorama: 874 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 04:19 PM UTC
Hi all...do you know if there's on the market a pe set to update the slat armor at the rear sides?!They look a bit out of scale about the tickness....

Cheers

Ciro
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 09:30 PM UTC
Hi Guys;

"Yea" Thats my Fault, I should have given you that info, first. So I Apolagize for that; O.K. in step #9 there are Four brackets, D15; one goes on the Port Side just forward of the exhaust outlet and the other Three (3) are on the Starbord top side and should be raised and Not Flush with the Engine deck. In the little Box on the Bottom corner there is another view of this step ! In Blanking off the inside of the turret is A Personal choice, as I hate too see A Model When judging and you can see thru the inside or light coming thru. In A Show contest its A NO NO and can Spoil A Top Build from an Award. Now if you are not involved with A Hobby club and Do not take part in Hobby Shows, then this is No Big deal. AMPS or IPMS have rules on judging and this is A Item that judges are looking for.
Hi Ciro; I Have Not seen any other PE sets; But you can Bet that they will be offered Soon by the AM Guys.

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
 _GOTOTOP