Hosted by Darren Baker
Realistic Water & Plaster of Paris
exit263
Visit this Community
Brunei
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 11:28 AM UTC
Guys, will Plaster of Paris absorb the Woodland Scenic Realistic Water? Ive tried pouring it over DAS Air Dry Clay & it seems its been absorb by the Air Dry Clay. Any advise guys?
Disith
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 03:29 PM UTC
Plaster is porous so will absorb most liquids you need to seal it first use some pva glue to do this then you should be ok
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 04:11 AM UTC
These are some good directions on making water: http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37923 Some of the steps sound complicated, but it's pretty simple - I was able to do a half decent job the first time:

exit263
Visit this Community
Brunei
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 07:56 AM UTC
Problem with Woodland Scenics Realistic Water is it doesnt mix well with PVA glue. Ive tried it before to seal the edge of my base & after pouring the W.S Realistic Water n leaving it to dry, a whittish,cloudy color appeared around the area which i seal with PVA glue.
pnance26
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 766 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2016 - 02:08 AM UTC
Based on the wealth of knowledge posted here, I need some "really new guy" instructions for doing a beach scenario with waves lapping up on the shore and a water line. Subject will be parked on beach above water line, facing out to sea.

I would really appreciate any guidance. I am an airplane/automotive guy trying on a new challenge.

Thanks in advance!
 _GOTOTOP