_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
News
Airbrushes.com: Airbrush Maintenance Tools
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 03:37 AM UTC

Airbrush maintenance is something we see discussed on this site pretty regularly. Precision made tools, with moving parts, subjected to various fluids and continual dismantling and reassembly, they are always expected to perform perfectly. The Airbrush Company in the UK have sent us details of Iwata’s solution to this area of concern, with the launch of their Professional Airbrush Maintenance Tool Kit.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 09:29 AM UTC
I look forward to ordering a set, if the price in US dollars is fair. I have learned that precision tools are important in maintaining machinery without damaging it.
Buckeyes57
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 135 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 07:11 PM UTC
Looks like it is running around $84.95.
nzgunnie
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 371 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 - 02:12 AM UTC
The needle packing screw drivers look to be the most useful. I have a small precisions screw driver that I use, but it is pretty fiddly. I like the way the tool aligns the needle packing, since getting it lined up with the threads deep inside the body of the airbrush can be tricky. An added bonus is the ability to test the friction on the needle with the tool, rather than by trial and error having to slide the actual needle in and out and making repeated little adjustments to get that right.
 _GOTOTOP