_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Survey....
Michel
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 09:34 AM UTC
Why didn' t you give us a " Nothin' more, everything' s right ! " optional answer...? !
That' s the way I think....The best is enought !
' ve a nice day !
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 11:59 AM UTC
Mike,
Lol...thanks. I intentionally didn't do that because I want to force you to have to pick an area that you'd like to see improved. I am tricky that way.

Cheers,
Jim
stavka2000
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 120 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 12:08 PM UTC
I think you're doing great on the site and surely there will be stuff to improve upon, but it's running great so far.

And it's not your fault that we don't get to many 1/72 aircraft threads going on, so I can feel great that I can give advice about something for once
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 179 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 12:28 PM UTC
Not to bad-mouth the site Jim, but as a perfectionist myself I say, "Everything constantly needs improvement." :-)

Mark
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 02:15 AM UTC
I've hit just about every scale model site out there (even foreign language), and i must agree... ARMORAMA is just about the spiffiest thing out there... from the interface to the "military rank" system that is some indication of participation. I just don't know how Jim does this and still holds down a fulltime job!

Keith Magee
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 02:18 AM UTC
There is one suggestion I would make... perhaps we could "nominate" people for the USER OF THE MONTH, rather than force Ken and Jim to pick the five that we will choose from. I think that everyone offered so far has certainly been worthy, but there are a few others that I have seen really participating a lot that haven't been nominated yet. Plus, there may be some who "lost" in an earlier ballot that should still be considered in future months... Yoda comes to mind... Sabot won that nomination month (May), but I'd like to say that Yoda should still merit future consideration!

(Okay Yoda - remember where to send that rare Verlinden kit we discussed!)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 02:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've hit just about every scale model site out there (even foreign language), and i must agree... ARMORAMA is just about the spiffiest thing out there... from the interface to the "military rank" system that is some indication of participation. I just don't know how Jim does this and still holds down a fulltime job!

Keith Magee

I agree with Keith too - and not because I'm a "homer" for ArmoramA.com. I visit the other sites out there too, but this place just has it all in the right place. I don't stay anywhere else long, but "camp out" here! Everything in place is just right!

Gunnie
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 02:21 AM UTC
Ooohh... another one... how bout an area where we could submit future questions for the Hkmepage survey. I have sent several, but have since that time thought of several more that might be worthwhile...

KFMagee
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 02:24 AM UTC
And ONE MORE... what about a classifieds / Wanted / For-trade section? i have a lot of spare parts that some folks might find interesting, and there are things I'm still trying to find that may be out there... Airfix Multipose Japanese Marines 1:32 comes to mind - I've been looking for those forever! I'd even be willing to pay a few bucks a month for space somewhere on the site.

KFMagee
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 02:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just don't know how Jim does this and still holds down a fulltime job!

In two days time it's my first months aniversary at Armorama. During the past month the question above was been puzzling me quite often....... You post something....and there he is again. Doesnt matter day or night....Jimbo always seems to be around.....

Just keep up the good work Jim. I still am hooked to the site. Sure there is always room for improvement, but the questions on what to improve or change will come automaticly....

I've seen quite a lot of new "faces" over here lately. New blood brings in new ideas. As for me .....I still love it the way this site is, and I'm still admiring the input Jim gives.... drinks are on me Jim ! Cheers !
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 02:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There is one suggestion I would make... perhaps we could "nominate" people for the USER OF THE MONTH, rather than force Ken and Jim to pick the five that we will choose from. I think that everyone offered so far has certainly been worthy, but there are a few others that I have seen really participating a lot that haven't been nominated yet. Plus, there may be some who "lost" in an earlier ballot that should still be considered in future months... Yoda comes to mind... Sabot won that nomination month (May), but I'd like to say that Yoda should still merit future consideration!

Keith....ok, I am lost. We do nominate for User of the Month. The process is this.

1. In early part of the month I open a topic in "Site Feedback" that asks people to nominate users for next months award.
2. I close the nominations on the 15th and post the top responses to the Awards page with the voting section.
3. Voting continues through the end of the month when the winner is announced.

Or are you suggesting that nominated users get carried over to the next month? I thought of that but then decided (just as with any award process) it's an honor just being nominated and if you really are doing a bang-up-job on the site then re-nomination is almost a sure thing. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 02:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I just don't know how Jim does this and still holds down a fulltime job!

In two days time it's my first months aniversary at Armorama. During the past month the question above was been puzzling me quite often....... You post something....and there he is again. Doesnt matter day or night....Jimbo always seems to be around.....

Uhh...that's because I am! Lol

Yes full-time job, part-time babysitter, and part-time (really full-time) webmaster. Such is life.
I wish I was able to spend 40+ hours a week on my regular work (I work from home) but with baby and website it's kind of hard.

Jim
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 02:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You post something....and there he is again. Doesnt matter day or night....Jimbo always seems to be around.....

Look here....you did it again you workaholic....there's some 4 minutes between my posting and your reply.......You're just unbelievable.

I rest my case....
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 02:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Or are you suggesting that nominated users get carried over to the next month? I thought of that but then decided (just as with any award process) it's an honor just being nominated and if you really are doing a bang-up-job on the site then re-nomination is almost a sure thing.

Can you help me out here....what's a bang-up-job ? Can't seem to find a proper translation for it...
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,331 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 02:41 AM UTC
Sure Eagle,

Bang-up job means doing an excellent job on something, doing something very well.

Mike

KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 02:49 AM UTC
Ahhh... i see... so we DO nominate the finalist! I didn't know that... all i did was vote on the actual list presented!

Great - now I can begin to peddle my vote! Oh Yoda.... where are ya guy!?

:-)

KFMagee
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,331 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 02:50 AM UTC
KFMagee,

Yes, you're missing the nomination part. As Jim said a little earlier, there is usually a posting that announces the nomination process for the month is open. Everyone here is allowed to nominate someone, and give a reason for doing so. In the middle of the month, Jim closes the nominations, and presents us the list of the top nominated people, which we can then vote on.

It looks like you've missed the opening posts to nominate.

Mike

Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 03:22 AM UTC
what more can i say.....our hero Jim!
Arthur
Am Alba Mannich :-) :-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP