_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Crew in Cougar Jerrv Mrap
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 03:21 AM UTC
Hello, how many is the crew for a Cougar Jerrv mrap? 4 or 5 soldiers? If they are 5 where is the 5th soilder seat as it's only 4seats in the veichle? Thankful for any help as i will soon start on my Jerrv kit, if i can add 1 more seat inside the veichle or if it's ok with the 4 seats only..
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 03:28 AM UTC
Roger,
I am in the process of doing the in box review of the kit for the sight and then a "build feature for it also. A good show to watch for good reference on the JERRV is "Bomb Patrol - Afghanistan." During the missions on the show, there was only 3 in the vehicle, the driver, TC and gunner/ robot operator/ camera operator.

One thing to take note is that the Panda JERRV kit is missing alot of stuff and I will mention that in the review.
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 03:39 AM UTC
Thanks Pete, looking forward to your review..
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:54 AM UTC
On this link 5 crew members with the driver.

But I wonder if the legend text is right. Is it really a JERRV pic ?

http://olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_mrap_cougar.php

Is there several arrangements on a JERRV ? Example on a built

http://armorama.com/forums/173629
Manxman
Visit this Community
Cavan, Ireland
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 32 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 02:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

One thing to take note is that the Panda JERRV kit is missing alot of stuff and I will mention that in the review.

Pete, I'm just about to start this kit myself, so was wondering if you could give a hint of what is missing along with any references to correcting this.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 03:26 AM UTC
Peter,
I sifting through episodes of "Bomb Patrol Afghanistan" for references for the interior. I believe Robert (18Bravo) has a CD with good references. Other than that, I can not find anything good on the net as far as references.

When I opened up the box for its initial inspection, the 1st obvious thing missing is the screen and control unit for the gyro cam. As with most of the MRAP model kits on the market, the VIC system is also missing. Something obviously missng, especially since the kit has you mounting the antenna for it outside, is the DUKE control unit and remote control box. The CPU and DAGGR is missing for the BFCB2 that is mounted on the dashboard. The "comm's" in the kit, if you want to call it "comm's" needs to be replaced.

Im in the processing of writing notes for the in box review and these points will be the major con's of the review.
Manxman
Visit this Community
Cavan, Ireland
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 32 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 01:41 PM UTC
Yeah watched bomb patrol before, must watch again soon

I've been consider Roberts walk around as heard it's very good. Just need to commit to getting it sometime. Thanks though for the heads up on those obvious missing parts. Luckily I have pro arts radio kit to help replace some of that Comm gear.

Looking forward to the review when it's complete:)
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 12:26 AM UTC
Thanks Pete for the info about missing interiour parts, looking forward to your build log, like your kits very much..
Yes it's a really shame that they can not include the radios and the duke things in the kits when they making the kits, hope they will change that and include that parts also...
For my build i have the radios and Duke things from pro art models exellent M-atv update set and i will order the Gyro cam screen from Peters SMP soon on shapeways
Pete have you seen where that screen shall be located? I have still not found any photo of that... I have Robert skippers great photos but that gyro cam screen is not on any photo...
Youngun
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 587 posts
Armorama: 550 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 03:01 AM UTC
The gyro cam screen is usually in front of the rear ward facing seat behind the passenger. Watch like the others have suggested bomb patrol Afghanistan. Lots of excellent interior views.
 _GOTOTOP