_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
M-54 wheels
tankbuster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 05:01 PM UTC
which wheels would you choose for a M-54 truck. I have a conversion which is based on Italeris M923, but are these wheels OK.
does anyone know which wheels would fit better?

regards, werner
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 07:18 PM UTC
Tankbuster,
The wheels from the M-923 I believe are the bigfoot tires, six large tires. If this is so, they will not work with an M-54. The wheels from Italeri M-925, 8 tires with tandem rear wheels, will work on an M-54. There are also better resin tires available from someone out there. Sorry, I don't remember who made them. You need to get Gunny to give you better data. he is the M-54 guru. His site has great info: Guntruck Studios Go to his gallery and check out the article on M31 Honest John Launcher. Also, there is a great article about building an M-54 guntruck on Vietnam Modelers site: Modelers Interest Group - Vietnam War Look under heading "Building Snoopy".
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 09:47 PM UTC
Howdy Tankbuster,

I believe it's Real Models that makes the resin replacement wheels (can't find the bag they came in ) As Gino said above, Gunnie's our resident GunTruck expert. So, as soon as he get's to work, and turns Armorama on, I'm sure he'll expand on the answer.

Tread.

BTW, I'm sure he'll be glad that there's another member interested in building GunTrucks. I've been trying to tell Gunnie for awhile he should start his own 'gang' of GunTruck builder's!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 10:03 PM UTC
....looks like Gunnie just got to work.....hehe.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 10:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Howdy Tankbuster,

I believe it's Real Models that makes the resin replacement wheels (can't find the bag they came in ) As Gino said above, Gunnie's our resident GunTruck expert. So, as soon as he get's to work, and turns Armorama on, I'm sure he'll expand on the answer.

Tread.

BTW, I'm sure he'll be glad that there's another member interested in building GunTrucks. I've been trying to tell Gunnie for awhile he should start his own 'gang' of GunTruck builder's!

Yawn - Good Morning! I LOVE the talk of Gun Trucks in the mornin'!!!

Yes, Real Model (#35023) sells a set of resin replacement tires for the Italeri model kit. These work nicely. As Gino also pointed out - the wheels provided in the Italeri M925 Standard 5-ton Cargo Truck will suffice as well if you chose that model kit starting out. The cost of the Real Model tires and the Italeri kit is nearly the same.

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 10:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

....looks like Gunnie just got to work.....hehe.

- it's nice to know someone knows you're around...

Gunnie
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 09:17 PM UTC
Hey Gunnie, I always check if you're around. It's become a habit, kinda like 'checkin' my six'

Tread.

I wa trying to get tankbuster a link to Real Models, or a mailing address so he can contact them. Do you have it?
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 10:00 PM UTC
Seeeee, you're back at work this morning already!.............

GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 10:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Gunnie, I always check if you're around. It's become a habit, kinda like 'checkin' my six'

Tread.

I wa trying to get tankbuster a link to Real Models, or a mailing address so he can contact them. Do you have it?

Actually, I don't think they have a web address. I get their products through VLS Corp at:

www.modelmecca.com

Gunnie
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 10:16 PM UTC
O.K. tankbuster, Gunnie says there over at VLS (see his link above). I just double checked over there and I believe the part # is RL A 35023.
Hope that helps.

Tread.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 11:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

O.K. tankbuster, Gunnie says there over at VLS (see his link above). I just double checked over there and I believe the part # is RL A 35023.
Hope that helps.

Tread.

Yep - that's the part number!

Gunnie
tankbuster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 04:19 PM UTC
I checked my "warehouse" yesterday and discovered that the truck I use as base for the conversion is the M-925. so I am sorry for the confusion!
nevertheless I will look out for the Real wheels !

thanks, werner
 _GOTOTOP