_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Master Box: Armoured Taxi Riders
spstreeter
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 32 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 05:32 AM UTC
I think they look pretty cool.
MadModeler
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 454 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 06:52 AM UTC
Looks like a good set. Will have to ad it to my wish list.
FirstMass
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 09:34 AM UTC
Great looking set (actually would have preferred US infantry over airborne though). Poses look great and the animation is good. MB produces some of the most creative figure sets. I just wish the quality of their sculpting would improve -- details tend to be very soft. That probably won't prevent me from picking one up though. Can only imagine what the price will be.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 11:24 AM UTC
All good Dennis, unlike rivet counters on this site I'm a button counter when it comes to uniforms...lol
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 04:32 PM UTC
Somewhat better executed than the Italeri offering of U.S. Infantry on board a LCVP. Considering how long MB have been in business compared to Italeri, shows how complacent the Italians have become....
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2016 - 01:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Great looking set (actually would have preferred US infantry over airborne though). Poses look great and the animation is good. MB produces some of the most creative figure sets. I just wish the quality of their sculpting would improve -- details tend to be very soft. That probably won't prevent me from picking one up though. Can only imagine what the price will be.

Agree- DRAGON and VERLINDEN make US Infantry "Tank Riders", but the DRAGON set is clothed in the M1943-issue duds, while the 2 VERLINDEN figure sets of 2 figures each are in a mixture of the M1943 and prior issues of combat clothing. I'd like to see some completely new sets of GIs done entirely in pre-M1943 garb- i.e Parsons Combat Jackets, M1938 Leggings, etc. The current fashion with plastic and resin aftermarket figure manufacturers seems to have a penchant for the M1943 clothing and especially in "Battle of the Bulge"-type scenarios. Wait a second! What about all the GIs that served in the older-style clothing all the way up to VE Day?

PS- We could also use more US Marines in the earlier-style HBT Combat Uniforms with M1938 Leggings and M1 Helmets without Camo Covers...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2016 - 01:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

All good Dennis, unlike rivet counters on this site I'm a button counter when it comes to uniforms...lol

Yeah, me too! Especially when it comes down to the tiresome discussions about whether there were four or seven screws used to fasten the Commander's Map-reading Light to the ceiling inside the interior of the Turret in Tiger Is!

Note: Yes, this is a facetious comment...
Ultra_aussie
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 145 posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2016 - 03:14 PM UTC
Nice set from MB. Good to see something non Fury out.
Ricsot
Visit this Community
Panama
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 01:18 AM UTC
If they have M 1943 u niforms they might go well with my Tasca Sherman Firefly with British 11 AD markings,

If they have M 1942 uniforms regular or paras, they might go well my Tasca Sherman M4A1 with 2 AD Carentan markings.

But its true, most figure makers even my fave Alpine, seem fixated on late winter 44-45 figures, and that was even before Fury came out!

More US Army and Marines in Pacific settings and more M 1942 uniforms please!
 _GOTOTOP