_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 Panzer III M/N Schurzen
oswaldk
Visit this Community
Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 09:28 PM UTC
Hi, all!

I'm trying to make Schurzen for Panzer III N in 1/35 scale, so if anyone has any info or dimensions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Oswald
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 11:05 PM UTC
Get hold of the Panzer Tracts book (3-3) on the later Pz III versions. It has plans of them and lots more.
oswaldk
Visit this Community
Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 03:22 PM UTC
Hi, Robert. Thanks for your answer, I will order a copy of Panzer Tracts.
Removed by original poster on 02/19/16 - 12:19:38 (GMT).
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2016 - 04:36 AM UTC
There are a couple of other options that could work;

IF what you need are the actual shapes / sizes of the individual hull schurzen plates, getting someone to photograph a sprue of kit parts from a Dragon 1/35 kit or a PE plate set, with a metric ruler placed along the side, would allow you to scale the image and get / create a matching set in both shape and size from sheet styrene or ...

IF what you seek includes details of the mount racks... photos of sprue parts with ruler could help there, too - likewise scaled photos of a PE set with mount frames could be useful.

In all cases, I would back up my diagram, part / sprue, or PE-based form and size info with a good look at several photos of the real things... These real photos will clarify visible details and thickness appearance (PS: styrene mount frames tend to be too thick, but often mostly of the right general form and shape, while PE frame parts are almost guaranteed to be substantially too thin for most of this stuff.) and help you get what you are looking for.

Cheers!

Bob
 _GOTOTOP