_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
VN figures w/o combat gear
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2016 - 11:47 PM UTC
Hello, does any one make any VN figures that don't have combat gear on? I know of the MAiM "me so horny" and a couple of Bravo 6 figures, but no others. Most of my Nam time we wore the jungle fatigues with baseball caps,but no other gear unless we went on convoys or guard duty. The boonie hats weren't allowed where we were. Thanks in advance for any help. Wayne
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Armorama: 859 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 12:47 AM UTC
Bravo6 makes a few, like these.

They have some others. Al
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 04:28 AM UTC
I've seen these and the "take five" figure would work, but what I am looking for would be figures for a street scene with some"working girls" and possibly MPs or White Mice. Maybe a shoeshine boy. Wayne
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 05:25 AM UTC
Just figured I'd give this a bump, since there were a lot of looks, but no comments. Dead subject?
YellowHammer
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 554 posts
Armorama: 172 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 05:36 AM UTC
Hi Wayne. Have you checked out Paracel Miniatures? They have several Viet Minh and NVA troops/crew and several civilian figures. They have a few US soldiers as well. Didn't see any US figures w/o combat gear though.
Thanks
John
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 07:17 PM UTC
Yes, I have some of their sets. As a matter of fact I have an order in now for their PT76 stowage and some figures. I've ordered a couple of the MAiM asian beauties figures and hope to do a Saigon or Vung Tau street bar scene. But figures in just fatigues would work for many different scenes like motor pool or maintenance scenarios. Wayne
sherb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 11:49 PM UTC
Hi Wayne,
Here are a couple others to consider. Depending on how you feel about flak vests, some are closer than others to what you're looking for:

Verlinden:
#393 "Platoon" three multipose figures in flak vests (comes with six heads (the same six heads offered in the Vietnam head set) one of which is a baseball style hat.
#539 "US Tankers" three multipose Desert Storm/Shield era figures. They can be easily modified to Vietnam era. Two have shoulder holsters and the other is wearing a pistol belt though.

Legend:
LF0016 Vietnam soldier at rest-reclining
LF0017 sitting soldier at rest-sitting
both figures are just wearing fatigues

ADV Azimut:
#35258 "PBR Crew at rest" A four figure crew, two or three are in flak vests. There is one standing guy in the set wearing fatigues and a baseball hat. His legs are crossed and his arm is extended as if leaning against a wall. I'm planning to use him in a similar "street scene" talking to a female companion. Might be a little hard to track down.
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 - 06:27 AM UTC
Thanks, Sherb, my problem is that when we were off base we were in fatigues with baseball caps.No flak jackets, helmets or pistol belts. Wayne
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 726 posts
Armorama: 687 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 11:07 PM UTC
Wayne, I have had to convert figures on my own. I have taken several Bravo 6 figure sets, removed the gear, and then did some resculpting and converting to get what I wanted. If you PM me your email address, I can email you some pictures of what I have come up with for an upcoming diorama.

Cheers,
James
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 12:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wayne, I have had to convert figures on my own. I have taken several Bravo 6 figure sets, removed the gear, and then did some resculpting and converting to get what I wanted. If you PM me your email address, I can email you some pictures of what I have come up with for an upcoming diorama.

Cheers,
James

Appreciate that, pm sent. Thanks again, Wayne
mariointer
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 04:44 AM UTC
Hi J ames, i am Mario from Italy,....i am a fan of your figures trasformations, sculpting asnd painting style.......could you send me too the pictures of the bravo6 figures that you trasformed cancelling the gear and resculpting the body???

Thanks a lot, i just sent you my email address!!!1

Mario from Italy.
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 05:25 AM UTC
Just an addition to my plan, I just received the MAiM Asian beauty figures and they are great! Can't wait to get the rest and begin planning this scene out. Wayne
mariointer
Visit this Community
Italy
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 01:47 AM UTC
Hi Wayne, if you need bad girls.....there is the Bravo6 figures too and recently Stalingrad has realize four woman on the beach that you could trasform for your project in particular onr on knee that seems asian girl.Which is the dimension of Maim figures? Becouse i bought their nam us figure but i found it reLLY RElly little like adwarf imean!!!!
About figures without gear there are various in same HOBBY FAN kit if you need i could send you the codes of these kits.Then there is a interestind adv azimut from Bipper crew,same of Brvo6 as just same one suggest you,but if you ll receive same picture of the trsformation of James leary , you ll see fantastic figure, James is incredible withhis mix and match he realize same unique figure indeed!!! I hopehe ll send me same pictures too!!! About football cap, there is a n old verlinden head with this kind of hat in a loose head kits, then there is one on an Alpine tanker figure, and another one from a special force of new world miniatures......you could cut these hat and Mount onfantastic hornet heads, eventually.Please , answer me about Maim woman dimension!!!
Bye bye

Mario from Italy.
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 06:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Wayne, if you need bad girls.....there is the Bravo6 figures too and recently Stalingrad has realize four woman on the beach that you could trasform for your project in particular onr on knee that seems asian girl.Which is the dimension of Maim figures? Becouse i bought their nam us figure but i found it reLLY RElly little like adwarf imean!!!!
About figures without gear there are various in same HOBBY FAN kit if you need i could send you the codes of these kits.Then there is a interestind adv azimut from Bipper crew,same of Brvo6 as just same one suggest you,but if you ll receive same picture of the trsformation of James leary , you ll see fantastic figure, James is incredible withhis mix and match he realize same unique figure indeed!!! I hopehe ll send me same pictures too!!! About football cap, there is a n old verlinden head with this kind of hat in a loose head kits, then there is one on an Alpine tanker figure, and another one from a special force of new world miniatures......you could cut these hat and Mount onfantastic hornet heads, eventually.Please , answer me about Maim woman dimension!!!

Mario from Italy.

Mario, The MAiM Asian girls seem to be a proper size. Wayne
grunt26
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 155 posts
Armorama: 121 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 06:36 AM UTC
Trumpeter does a Nam crew for their CH-47A, and the crew chief is depicted wearing jungles and the baseball cal. Other than that, I can't add anything that anyone else hasn't said, but I'm right there with you, wanting Nam figs without gear.

Rod
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2016 - 05:39 AM UTC
Hello all, my questions were meant to help me learn. They have and I hope they will do the same for others. James O'Leary and I have shared some good thoughts and I hope started a new friendship. It is good how many vets are into this and hopefully like me get some release. Any way, thanks for sites like this. Wayne
mariointer
Visit this Community
Italy
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2016 - 04:57 PM UTC
Hi Wayne, have youu received the pictures of bravo6 figures trasformed without gear from James???
they are fantastic as his other trasfiormations work????

James....pleeeeeese send me too that pictures ...i am so invidious of Wayne .....eh eh eh eh!!!

Mario from Italy.
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2016 - 06:41 AM UTC
Mario, I have been in contact with James and received his pics. We have had some good talks and hopefully will make some progress on things. Wayne
mariointer
Visit this Community
Italy
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2016 - 11:38 PM UTC
Hi WAyne, thanks for your quick answer.....i hope to receive from James me too these pictures of Bravo6 figures trasformed.......usually his works are well inspirations for my works...i try to contact him ...but i have an old James email address of 2012 that begim with hch21570...ecc ecc that dont work....i hope he ll read his armorama sms so that could send me these fine images.
Which will be your idea diorama with us gi and asian women??
Bye bye.

Mario.i
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2016 - 12:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi WAyne, thanks for your quick answer.....i hope to receive from James me too these pictures of Bravo6 figures trasformed.......usually his works are well inspirations for my works...i try to contact him ...but i have an old James email address of 2012 that begim with hch21570...ecc ecc that dont work....i hope he ll read his armorama sms so that could send me these fine images.
Bye bye.

Mario.i

I am thinking,a street scene in front of the bars with GIs and girls talking. Across the way will be MPs or VN versions watching. I also have the Diopark scooters and bicycles and figures for some traffic. Still just rough idea as yet. Wayne
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 - 05:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello all, my questions were meant to help me learn. They have and I hope they will do the same for others. James O'Leary and I have shared some good thoughts and I hope started a new friendship. It is good how many vets are into this and hopefully like me get some release. Any way, thanks for sites like this. Wayne

Wayne,

It has been great talking with you and we have started a new friendship.

Cheers,
James
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 - 05:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Bye bye.
Mario.i

Mario,

I just sent you several emails with some of the photos. My email address has changed as you will see. Sorry about the delay.

Cheers,
James
mariointer
Visit this Community
Italy
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 01:25 AM UTC
Hi James thanks a lot as just i wrote you in my email.
Your figures are as usually fantastic...it s apity that they dont became acoomercial project.

I am study their poses and i have a vbunch of questions for you, soon i ll send you an email.

Wayne , your is a fine project indeed, i found a kit of Trumpeter 0419 in which the pmc men have a pair of baseball cap,and if i remember well there was another kit with it when they appear on market...they are very cheeper and you could found so your baseball cap.Then there is on market a resin modern figure with t shirt an hand in pocket of DJITI Afrench manufacter that has on his head a baseball cap at reverse way......and it is too cheap respect other resin figure...i hope that this could help you.

Bye bye from Italy.
Mario.
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 09:01 PM UTC
Mario,thanks for the heads up on the Trumpeter figures, 00419,00420. I think these hats will work with just a little work. I may try my hand at casting so the sets can still be used later. Will order both and see how they look up close. Thanks again, Wayne
j76ljr
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 150 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 05:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello, does any one make any VN figures that don't have combat gear on? I know of the MAiM "me so horny" and a couple of Bravo 6 figures, but no others. Most of my Nam time we wore the jungle fatigues with baseball caps,but no other gear unless we went on convoys or guard duty. The boonie hats weren't allowed where we were. Thanks in advance for any help. Wayne

Welcome home . I was in Da Nang 71/72
 _GOTOTOP