_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Live Resin rifles - How many in a pack?
phantom_phanatic309
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
Armorama: 423 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 08:30 PM UTC
Hi,
A quick question but on average how many rifles do you usually get in a Live Resin set?
I'm thinking of buying their SA80/L85A1 set to add something a little extra in the back of a Puma helicopter.
Cheers
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 09:24 PM UTC
I have sets of both HK 416 and SCAR rifle, both come with 6 rifles.

Best Regards

phantom_phanatic309
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 09:55 PM UTC
Cool.
That should be enough for what I need.
I just have to be sure I order the correct version for the '91 Gulf War.
Thanks Klaus.
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 10:45 PM UTC
You're welcome.

Not sure if the versions of the SA80 rifle as depicted by Live Resin can be used straight OOB for a Iraq 91' setting without some modifications. But be sure about the quality, it's really superb, maybe the best I've seen on resin manufacturers.

Cheers

Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 11:10 PM UTC
Here you go: link to review

Most of Live Resin sets are reviewed on Armorama.

Mario
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 11:51 PM UTC
The link that Mario's just put up is the right model for Op Granby, with the round cocking handle and SUSAT. The ones in service now are either new builds or rebuilds from the original issue ones. They now have a comma shaped cocking lever and the weapon works now so I'm told. I remember doing my SA80 instructors course before the battalion was issued with them and was completely underwhelmed by it. I managed to break it in less than half an hour. Don't forget that at that time it was only the infantry/paras/Marines were issued it with a SUSAT. The SAS wouldn't touch it. All other arms had to make do with iron sights unlike now where everyone has a scope of some description.
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 11:57 PM UTC
Also if you're doing Op Granby the GPMG was still in use at section level in some infantry battalions due to the LSW's inability to put down suppressive fire and also it's unreliability. The Para battalions all kept their GPMG's at section level. Typical section make up was one Gimpy, two LSW's and 5 SA80's. No UGL's in those days either.
j76ljr
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 150 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 12:17 AM UTC
What exactly does LIVE resin mean ?
phantom_phanatic309
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 04:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The link that Mario's just put up is the right model for Op Granby, with the round cocking handle and SUSAT. The ones in service now are either new builds or rebuilds from the original issue ones. They now have a comma shaped cocking lever and the weapon works now so I'm told. I remember doing my SA80 instructors course before the battalion was issued with them and was completely underwhelmed by it. I managed to break it in less than half an hour. Don't forget that at that time it was only the infantry/paras/Marines were issued it with a SUSAT. The SAS wouldn't touch it. All other arms had to make do with iron sights unlike now where everyone has a scope of some description.

Thanks for all the info, it will be useful to know. I'm really just looking to have a a few as stowage. I have the Revell reissue of Matchbox's 1/32 I'm going to finish in Granby colours. The kit only has markings for German Border Police, but still includes all the bits to do an RAF version. The interior looks a little bare, so I thought some bergen rucksacks and L85's on the seats would add a bit of interest. On the lookout for some figures too. I'm going the have to do a bit of research into the Puma's role during Granby to be sure what I'm thinking of doing is correct.
phantom_phanatic309
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 04:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Here you go: link to review

Most of Live Resin sets are reviewed on Armorama.

Mario

Thanks, exactly what I'm after!
 _GOTOTOP