_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Miniarm t-72AV turret
nathan211
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 07:58 PM UTC
I posted this in the Sell/buy forum, but thought it might help to post here too. Anyone have one of these turrets they would like to sell? They seem impossible to find right now.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 04:32 AM UTC
Hi;

Have you tried Whitecat Hobbys, they stock miniarm. Or purchase the Trumpy, T-72AV !

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
nathan211
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 08:06 AM UTC
Mike,
I checked whitecat they have some pretty cool stuff but no turret. Also Pretty sure trumpeter does not make an AV yet.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 11:46 AM UTC
Hi Nathan;

"Yes"--Trumpeter does make A T-72 with ERA, I beleave its A B1 or B4 with ERA ! If your so inclined try ebay and if you type in T-72 in 1/35, you will get Approx; seven (7) pages of kits and other related productsn and there are Two miniarm T-72 turrets with ERA !! They are quite expensive and are out of China, so be prepared to Mail Order .

CHEERS; MIKE.
nathan211
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 09:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Nathan;

"Yes"--Trumpeter does make A T-72 with ERA, I beleave its A B1 or B4 with ERA ! If your so inclined try ebay and if you type in T-72 in 1/35, you will get Approx; seven (7) pages of kits and other related productsn and there are Two miniarm T-72 turrets with ERA !! They are quite expensive and are out of China, so be prepared to Mail Order .

CHEERS; MIKE.

Mike, sorry but as the title of my post says, I am looking for the T-72 AV version. This is actually different from the "Super Dolly Parton" B/B1 turret that is up armored and has a slightly different shape and other details. The AV ("Dolly Parton") that I was looking for does have anti-radiation, and era blocks just like B/B1 but they are different.
To quote another member from an older forum post- "The SBS is a T-72B turret . You may want to avoid having problems with the ERA placement, because the shape of a T-72A and T-72B are different; the reason why they were called Dolly Parton and Super Dolly Parton, respectively (there will be a lot of areas that will be exposed in the frontal and upper area that will tell it is not a T-72AV, especially if you leave an area uncovered by the ERA) In addition the gunner's night sight are different, 1К13-49. See the difference in the link post #14114. The T-72B1 sight is the same as the T-72A sight. "

I actually have the Trumpeter T-72 B/B1 kit which I think you are referencing, and I am using this as my base kit to build on but I almost 100% positive there is no AV. If you have a link or picture please share.
I also was able to track down and order the Miniarm turret at Euromodel.

Thanks for your posts.
Cheers,
Nathan
 _GOTOTOP