_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
T-44 Tank
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 06:59 PM UTC

pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2016 - 07:13 PM UTC
I would not trust Wikipedia as a reliable source of accurate info. As I mentioned, it might have influenced, but was not simply used.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2016 - 03:39 PM UTC
I did not provide the wiki (and other) link as absolute truth. I provide for you to read them.

"As I mentioned, it might have influenced, but was not simply used."

You seem to be hung up on the fact that my wording was not precise enough. True. The focus, however, was NOT the development of the T-34/85, hence I did not find it important to get into unnecessary details. rest assured, if I review the T-34/85 I shall make note of that.

As for the difference between "improvement" and "influence"; I really am not going to get into arguments about schematics as I'm not sure what purpose this serves. Was the 52-K influencing the development of the tank gun that was installed in the T-34/85, or was it modified?
They took the three man prototype turret of the T-43 turret and redesigned it -along with the 52-K 85mm gun- so that they could fit them together. If you would like to call it influence, fine.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2016 - 11:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I would not trust Wikipedia as a reliable source of accurate info. As I mentioned, it might have influenced, but was not simply used.

I went to the library. Osprey New Vanguard, Zaloga: T-34/85 medium tank. Page 5 details how the turret of the T-43 was adopted to the new gun and then the new tank.

I hope now we can lay this issue at rest finally.
 _GOTOTOP