_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Miniart British officers
avenue
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 09:59 AM UTC
few weeks ago,I purchased miniart 'british offers"1/34th figure,figure A and E wearing winter coat.do anyone know the right color for the winter coat?
D_J_W
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 436 posts
Armorama: 367 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 01:44 PM UTC
Hi Richard
I notice on the kit instructions they suggest Tamiya XF-51 Khaki Drab. That seems far to dark, I would go with either a Buff or a Beige, may be with just a touch of brown add.

cheers
David
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 965 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 04:43 PM UTC
Richard,

I have only seen the box art for this and am assuming that Fig A is the first figure on the left (wearing a peaked cap.

He is wearing what is known as a "British Warm"; this was a privately purchased garment worn by officers only. It had leather buttons and badges of rank were not worn (although I have seen versions worn). Colour-wise it was a sort of pale pinky-grey. If you Google "British Warm" you'll find sufficient photos. It was a very popular item of clothing and I last saw one worn around 3 years or so ago.

The second coat worn (far right figure on the box art) is a Duffle Coat; this was a very popular coat acquired by British Officers - I am assuming from Royal Navy stocks. Colour-wise it has been described as "Camel-Beige" so perhaps a mix between khaki-drill and buff? The fasteners were from cord and wooden toggles.

Again, a bit of Googling will throw up examples but I suggest you home in on WW2 examples when it comes to images (as it became a popular fashion item and is even today, available in any colour). Notable fans of the Duffle Coat were FM Montgomery, and David Stirling of the SAS with well known photos available on the net.

'Hope this goes some way to explaining the idiosyncrasies in dress when it come to British Army officers - and that it helps with the colours you ultimately select.

Brian
avenue
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 06:02 AM UTC
Thank's
 _GOTOTOP