_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
MagaBase Dio (tm) - Update photos
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 04:42 PM UTC
Ok - a sneak peak as promised. About two weeks ago I showed the 'raw' 6-kit series of diorama bases and ruins that form the new scalemilitary.com "MegaBase System" of mix & match diorama kits. All six kits have now been painted (and to answer the question - I did them all "from the bottle" to see what affect there would be, if any, in doing the kits seperately as opposed to all at once... i will describe that process when I do my article). Now remember... these units have NOT been detailed or debris ladden yet... we are just looking at paint jobs, construction, and partial weathering.

So - if you are interested in seeing the individual units, combinations of units, and even some concept uses, click on MY GALLERY and peek in the MEGABASE UPDATE folder.... Here are four photos to whet your appetite! And of course, comments welcome!

Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 06:16 PM UTC
As i told u the other time that u posted pics of Megabase project the artwork is perfect and i believe that having the complete packet in my shelves will be a solution to in city dios i start to build. Allthough i would buy the whole packet to save some money i d use 1or 2 or the most 3 pieces in one dio cause the whole setup with the six of them seems a lil too much maybe , and also if many people would build the six of them together we would have similiar dios. At last words is a very fine work and you deserve congratyulations. Please inform us on selling details .
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 01:27 AM UTC
No doubt it's big... each section is 6 x 9, so the total configuration is 18 x 18". The nice thing is that you can make whatever size you need.... for example, kit 1 &6 is 18 x 6... great for setting up a long scene like two trucks or a big piece like a Dragon Wagon tractor bed.
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 01:34 AM UTC
Hello, Keith I think you have a winner here. I would definitely use them. What kind of price does it have for each section and for the megadio on the whole? Cheers Kevin
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 01:54 AM UTC
Individual kit: Prices (Kit's 5 and 6 ship together). All "plaster" kits are done in Dental Stone, which has 3x the strength of normal plaster (it's heavy!)
====================================================
Plaster $19.95
Mixed Medium $24.00 (base is plaster, buildings are resin)
All Resin $39.00

All Six Kits
Plaster $ 79.95
Mixed Medium $ 99.00 (base is plaster, buildings are resin)
All Resin $149.00

The resin is wonderful, but to make all six bases takes almost a full gallon of resin!

_GOTOTOP