_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
M123A1C update
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 04:50 PM UTC
I have now completed construction on the M123A1C 10-ton Mack tractor. The basis for the model is the old Revell/Renwall 1/32 5-ton wrecker. I used the forward cab and front fenders and hood. Mated the back of the Italeri M925 cab. Also used the wrecker frame and rear running gear, with Tamiya Dragon Wagon front axle. Also used Dragon Wagon tires, fifth wheel and many small accessory parts. Wheels are from 1/25th truck kit, sanded down to fit. All other parts are scratch built. Here are the photos:

Next is converting the M15 Dragon Wagon trailer to a M15A1 version by widening and strengthening it to go with the truck.
Sorry for the photo quality, cheap camera. Let me know what you think.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 06:59 PM UTC
it seems that you have done a heavy scratch - convert job there master of welding. But the pictures dont leave us to enjoy it. Next shooting more clear please so we can steel the details
Captain94
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 239 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 10:20 AM UTC
I'll add to Goose's observation for the photos. Your truck looks like it's a great start to your project, but I can't see the truck as well as I want to!

please keep us informed on your progress!!
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 04:15 PM UTC
Looking good so far from what I can see in the photos. The air breather on the left side is missing so I attached this photo of the Lil Abner ten ton sothat you can see how it is attached. I will look for some photos of the tractor for refs for you if you like. It shows that you have put a lot of effort into this project. Keep us posted on the progress. Cheers
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 07:06 PM UTC
Animal,
I thought the same about the air filter/breather on the left side. However, I have seen photos of it present and missing. The blueprints and photos from Mack Museum don't have it either, therefore, I left it off. Not sure if it was a lter mod or not.
 _GOTOTOP