_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Hobby Fan: Wiesel Crew & Afrikakorps
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 08:32 PM UTC

Hobby Fan is one of those companies which is not easy to follow. Their website is completely useless, their facebook page doesn't show the new releases in a timely manner... However, from time to time I stumble upon their new figures. This time the report is on 1/35 scale figure sets depicting German Wiesel and Afrikacorps crew.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2016 - 12:23 AM UTC
Meh. Not the greatest sculpture job, but Stalingrad has spoiled me.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2016 - 10:47 AM UTC
Very harsh coming from a staff member......! Remember Bill Manufacturers do read these comments. Hobby Fan do great sculpted figures.
hanb7323
Visit this Community
Daejeon, Korea / 대한민국
KitMaker: 408 posts
Armorama: 407 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2016 - 12:44 PM UTC
For my sd.kfz 233
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2016 - 01:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very harsh coming from a staff member......! Remember Bill Manufacturers do read these comments. Hobby Fan do great sculpted figures.

I think staff members are allowed to have an opinion and voice it on the forums. I don't think Bill was disrespectful toward these figures in any way.

Mario
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2016 - 02:31 PM UTC
This is my point Mario, a staff member appears to be immune here of saying what they want unlike myself and another member who commented about ICM figures some time ago 'hoping they will release....' This was turned/ interpreted into a 'be mindful manufacturers read these comments....' and so on from Bill. My comments and that of the other member were by no means disrespectful either. Anyway thank you for confirming we are allowed to have 'an opinion and voice it on the forums'.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2016 - 02:46 PM UTC
Sorry Mario forgot to add that I would be insulted if I were the sculpture of these kits as a result of Bills comment.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2016 - 07:16 PM UTC
Jason, you are correct that as a staff member, I need to be careful about what I say. I don't recall my criticizing you, but it sounds as though you were saying "I wish they would release X instead of/in addition to Y."

News threads here occasionally degenerate into "What, ANOTHER Dragon German release?" and "Why is Manufacturer X releasing this vehicle when what we REALLY need is THAT vehicle?" Those threads not only must annoy the manufacturers whose products are being debuted, but also essentially hijack the discussion.

Hobby Fan DOES make some nice figures, and I have purchased (not received for reviews) at least three of their large sets (the 88mm DAK crew and their two Vietnam USMC amtrac crew/riders). But resin figures are substantially more expensive than styrene ones, and so I expect a higher standard from them. While HF's figures are generally cheaper than Stalingrad's, that doesn't change the fact that the bar has been raised.
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 04:32 AM UTC
The poses look good and I like the fit on the vehicle but the faces look a bit off. Maybe it's the paint job.
10thmd
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 07:05 PM UTC
They do look a little stiff compared to their previous releases. I certainly like Hobby Fan figures generally speaking but am not so impressed with these.
 _GOTOTOP