_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 Kinetic M-ATV WIP
wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2016 - 02:07 AM UTC
I just purchased the Kinetic M-ATV with all the resin and PE parts available. I have spent many hours Cleaning up the instruction mistakes and problems. Once I receive all the after market parts I will be updating the instructions so no matter what parts you want to use, you should have a MUCH easier time with this build. Stay tuned and I will keep you guys posted. Thank you.
edklingon
Visit this Community
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
KitMaker: 194 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2016 - 03:30 AM UTC
Thanks mark! I have this kit and your work will help a lot!
wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2016 - 04:28 AM UTC
Just started on Step 1 and it is already a bugger.. Keep watching because I will have alot of info on the instruction sheet to make it easier for everyone else.
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2016 - 05:24 AM UTC
Hi Mark. Thanks for posting this build. I've built a few of the Panda version of the MATV, and the various problems with it seem to be well documented. Having tackled more than one, I can say the suspension of the Panda version is the biggest challenge, but if you stick with it, the results are good. I'm now curious to see what happens with this version too!

Happy building!
Nick
wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2016 - 05:59 AM UTC
Like I said, the suspension is a bugger. But, most companies would mold 75% of it together. I do like using the little and tiny parts because it it makes me feel like it is more detailed. I am going to have to hold it up for a couple days until the rest of my PE parts come in. This is not going to be an out-of-the-box build because there is something in my head that will not let me.
wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2016 - 09:34 AM UTC
60 parts later and the "kit" parts are put together. Have to do some scratch building, plumb, primer, and paint. With this kit you must pay attention to directions, other than the wrong ones, and look a few steps ahead. Also, dry fit ALL the parts.
So far there is no flash and just a little bit of seam clean-up. Hope someone can benefit from this build. I will be sharing my "Updated" directions soon.

wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 12:30 AM UTC
Finally received my PE parts. Spent most of the morning putting the shelves for the radios and gunners platform together. Kinda like the PE stuff but gotta give my self a break.

wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 12:48 AM UTC
If anyone is interested, I have revised the directions showing all the errors and fixes.

terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 02:21 AM UTC
Instructions full of mistakes. Hope the ones of their Bushmaster will be right.

Do the parts fit well ?

wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 03:49 AM UTC
I have only worked with the front suspension from the kit parts so far. They weren't too bad. I have noticed that some of the parts molds were not very crisp.
swells
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 04:16 AM UTC
Your edits to the instructions are very well done. Wish I had that when I built mine! Otherwise looks like great work so far.

wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 04:39 AM UTC
Thank you. Would love to see a pic of your build.
wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 06:43 AM UTC
Some radios and systems put together mocked-up.

wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 01:55 AM UTC
Started some tire weathering, painting some base colors, little mock-up, and alot of PE parts. Let me know if you guys are interested in following this and I will keep posting updates.

andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 06:17 PM UTC
Nice job so far, also thank you for posting the correct instructions and the correct parts. Have you let Kinetic know? maybe they can revise the instructions and get the right ones up on their website.

To me incorrect instructions is beyond frustrating.
ArtyG37B
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 07:15 PM UTC
awesome work on your M-ATV. as I didn't have any spares i got the pro-art kit to replace the radios. I noticed you made the same mistake I did. the PE comms box on the back of the truck actually overhangs the side with the mounting strip running down the side.
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 09:00 PM UTC
Very elaborate work thus far, thank you for sharing it with us.

I will be following your progress.

Can you describe the painting and weathering proccess for the tyres?
ArtyG37B
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 09:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

awesome work on your M-ATV. as I didn't have any spares i got the pro-art kit to replace the radios. I noticed you made the same mistake I did. the PE comms box on the back of the truck actually overhangs the side with the mounting strip running down the side.

here's a pic showing how it should be mounted

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_NTXxG1KUhTcTc2XzVmYnJKa1k/view?usp=sharing
wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 02:22 AM UTC
Thank you for the kind words and the heads up. I very much appreciate you letting me know the mistake and have corrected it. I was getting ready to prime it and glad you caught it before I did.
wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 02:26 AM UTC
I primed them and painted flat black but put a gloss coat over the wheels and not the rims to show a difference in material. I than masked the centers and sprayed a light mist gray coat around the edges. I than took the light gray and dry brushed the treads and the rest of the tire. After that, I sprayed a matt coat over the whole thing. I plan on using more chalks and weathering once the kit is together. Thank you
wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 02:28 AM UTC
Ian Smith was kind enough to let me know my comms box was put in the wrong place. I immediately remedied the mistake and I appreciate everyones help and kind words. I welcome all feedback, good or bad. Thanks again all, and here is the comms box glued in the correct position.

ArtyG37B
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 04:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ian Smith was kind enough to let me know my comms box was put in the wrong place. I immediately remedied the mistake and I appreciate everyones help and kind words. I welcome all feedback, good or bad. Thanks again all, and here is the comms box glued in the correct position.

Glad I could help. I only noticed because i did the same thing myself. When i started putting on all the bolts i thought to myself "this can't be right, how do i get the bolts on?" in some places the eduard instructions aren't really clear.
wrobo7705
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 04:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Glad I could help. I only noticed because i did the same thing myself. When i started putting on all the bolts i thought to myself "this can't be right, how do i get the bolts on?" in some places the eduard instructions aren't really clear.

It was a great help to me
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 03:44 PM UTC
Lovely job so far and thanks for taking the time to correct and share the instructions. And all that PE looks lovely and neat.
I wonder how long before Kinetic release the corrected kit as promised 2 years ago when this was withdrawn from the market? It was their first venture into 1/35 vehicles and they admitted the mistakes. I've done their Maxx Pro and RG-31 and both were lovely builds
DmitriyGr
Visit this Community
St. Petersburg, Russia
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 09:48 PM UTC
Very good! very carefully! Thank you
 _GOTOTOP