_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Figure sculpt we plan to print and/or cast.
Mannloon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2016 - 07:44 PM UTC
Hello guys. Never been in this sub-forum before. My partner and I are doing some R&D on making our own figures. We both work in the video game industry and have decided to see what the work flow would be like using ZBrush and a few different printing techniques to make our own 1/35 and larger figures.

This is our first test and I've shared it with my tiny YouTube Modelers group, but I thought I'd ask for some opinions here. He will have a lower body added to the knee or so just to make him usable in 1/35. The cupola is just a blockout I made up for posing and won't be on the 1/35 version obviously. But we're also debating doing a vignette style bust with a cupola in a larger scale.

Let me know what you think.

11Bravo_C2
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 475 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 06:13 AM UTC
Adam. I think it looks great. Will you be 3D printing or resin casting?
Armored76
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 1,615 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 11:31 AM UTC
This looks great, Adam! The only thing I can see is the headset frame which might be a bit too thin (read: fragile).
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 12:10 PM UTC
Adam: Please can you provide some larger images to look at. Looking at what you have added, everything looks correct anatomically and I am guessing this is a figure for the Eastern Front?
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,049 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 12:16 PM UTC
Very nice looking render so far Adam. There's always a need for more hatch figures, especially those that look like they're doing actual tank stuff as we're pretty well served for the standing/pointing/leaning on the tank poses.

One other if I may comment in addition to the headset frame is the binoculars which look more like a naval pair (particularly the RN Barr and Stroud) than a typical tankers Carl Zeiss ones ....

cheers
Brent
 _GOTOTOP