_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Matador pics
rdt1953
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,098 posts
Armorama: 68 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 08:04 PM UTC
Hi to all - I thought I might try to post some pics of my AFV Club early Matador with Accurate Armour 5.5" gun. I mostly model 1/48 aircraft and I received some great help from members of this site when starting this project. Aside from a few minor glitches in the instructions which are corrected on the PMMS site the Matador kit was amazing-so many opportunities for it to go wrong during assembly but it didn't- The 5.5" gun was not so foolproof- let's put some of the blame on me as this was my first attempt at a complete resin kit. The only dissapointment in the Matador kit was the side curtain treatment- the curtains down option were dead straight/flat and the rolled up option were perfect cylinders with no life . AFV needs to hire the guy who did the mold work on the folded top of Tamiya's Toyota Phaeton. I replaced them with scratch ones made from polymer clay. I also replaced the resin covers on the gun kit's equilibrators with scratch ones made with tissue /matte medium. Other than photo etch straps/ buckles on canvaswork both kits are S.O.B.

Keeping my fingers crossed as this is my first attept at posting pics from photobucket ! All comments welcome -please be gentle as I am a "Things with Wings" guy- Thanks for looking- Cheers Richard
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 401 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 03:09 AM UTC
Awesome model, really good work on the kit, and really nice scene overall. Once again, really good work!
rdt1953
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 04:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Awesome model, really good work on the kit, and really nice scene overall. Once again, really good work!

Thanks for looking & the kind words - Richard
Modelrob
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 304 posts
Armorama: 293 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 04:39 PM UTC
You have a great looking build there. It came out just right.

Robert
rdt1953
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 04:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You have a great looking build there. It came out just right.

Robert

Robert - Thank you as well. Richard
 _GOTOTOP