_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Masterbox Somewhere in the Middle East rant
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 07:17 PM UTC
So having a 'local' connection through Robert S aside , could Masterbox maybe match the illustration on the boxtop to the parts included in the kit?

It's just a figure set I know, but when the box art prominently features Spec Ops Gucci weapons w Eo Tech sights, laser designators, flashlights, vertical front grips, rail systems, and such and the box contains... folding stock Ak's, M4's, and oohhh an AK with a M4 collapsible stock.
I can't help feeling deceived.

The caveat emptor is on me here, becasue now I remember reading a while back that this was an issue with the kit.

I know that Live Resin offers Gucci accessories if I want to trick out my weapons, but if you are just going to throw AK's into the box, put them on the freaking box art!

Not thrilled w Masterbox
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 07:23 PM UTC
With Masterbox, quite frequently there is a mis-communication between cover artist and manufacturer.
GarethM
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 07:30 PM UTC
I'm not really sure what you're complaining about. I have the kit in front of me right now and while the M4s aren't exactly what's on the cover illustration, there are 3 AMD65s, 1 AK with an M4 style stock a PK and 2 M4s. In a kit with 4 armed figures you can choose between 7 small arms to equip them with. Also, any modeller who builds and paints figures probably has a large stockpile of small arms left over from other kits.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 10:18 PM UTC
Unless you were buying the kit advertised by the box art for the weapon mods pictured on the box. My spares box is deep, Gucci special forces weapons accessories are not thick on the ground.
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 10:37 PM UTC
MB is notorious for not having the box art match with the instructions.Close,but no cigar.I tend to go with the paint colors on the box art.The figures are never exact to the art.Still the best for plastic figures,though Bronco could give them a run for their money.

Tom
 _GOTOTOP