_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
RG M-109a6 Paladin, questions?
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 03:39 PM UTC
Hi all, I just picked up a RG Paladin SPG. I'm thinking this is a Italeri mold kit, is this correct?
And has anyone built this kit, any quirks that I should look out for?
I noticed that the kit marking look to be German. Is there any US markings available ?

Many thanks in advance!

Garry
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 03:46 PM UTC
Yes it is a rebox of the Italeri kit. I have built it in Italeri box, great kit. Fit is rather good, need to fill gap at drivers side front where hull top meets the front plate. Also need to leave off the two small pieces that are just under the turret front. They look like little boxes with knobs on them. They were used on earlier versions for a flotation system. Don't know about German markings. Only US Army uses M109A6 Paladin version. It is the frontline medium artillery of US forces. It can be painted in either 3-color Nato camo or desert sand. It is used by all heavy divisions and can be marked as such. There have been some other posts about the Paladin recently, try serching the site for more info.
phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 629 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 03:54 PM UTC
FSM did a review of the kit in a previous issue. They found it to be good and I'd agree with them. They also go over some of the inaccuracies that are on the kit, especially on the turret (I'm pretty sure that this is what Gino is talking about). If you are looking for markings, I do have some from the local artillery unit (not decals but actual identification numbers). If you would like I can try and post them. I also have some pics of the exterior also if you are interested. Keep us posted on the progress.
Kyle
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 03:58 PM UTC
Here is a site with detail photos of M109A6.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 05:41 PM UTC
Thanks for all the info Gents ! Ya'all came through again. I was confused with the markings, This is my first modern SPG. I normaly build WW-2 and vietnam Era models. But I just had to have a Paladin in my collection of roving arty!

Best regards,

Garry
 _GOTOTOP