_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
need input for my dios
ACHTUNG
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 187 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 05:38 PM UTC
hi guysss,,this my 4th dios, and its already took along time for me to finish (busy with job)

i set the dios somewhere in the city, with the tiger tanks, ruined buliding and a small ruined house, and i changed the seeting so many times to satisfied what i want and the figures i use tamiya and dragon, as u can see from my pics my dios hasn't finished yet, i need help from you guys, what else should i put in my dios to make it like war in the city, i was thingking to add some rubble again and street lamp, what do u think ?
for the composisition of the figures, do you think its all right, im thingking to add some mortar figures in my dios
and what colour do u use for the debris ? i tried use flat erath from tamiya to make it more dusty, maybe i will use another color to make it more dusty, any ideas about the colour ?

one more thing, i build the building by styrofoam, is it what you called scrathbuilding ?

thank you very much for you inputs guys

ACHTUNG
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 05:40 PM UTC
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 06:20 PM UTC
it looks great . This diorama needs a few infantry figures.a street lamp can be a good idea but it think there is enough rumble here.if you want to add more;add some bricks.the brick red color cn make the dio more attractive. as this is a city diorama, I belive no more dust is not needed.
congrats for the good work.
panzerseba
Visit this Community
Vrancea, Romania
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 07:18 PM UTC
looks good.
u can add some infantry following the tank and some spare parts or small things under the ruins (u know, the staff that u can find in the buildings)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 10:11 PM UTC
You tiger´s running gear is set for running on flat ground. Running over rubble, the wheels and tracks would conform a little to the rubble, so I suggest you clear a path for the tiger to run on as that would be the easier of the two ways. The zimmerit looks a bit flat. A subtle wash and dry brush would bring this up a bit.
The dio look nice and dusty as it is. But as the other guys have said, some infantry and war related rubbish would add to the scene.. ie; old wheels, sign posts, lamp posts, etc!
ACHTUNG
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 11:38 PM UTC
Thanks guys for the comments

yes, i will use the infantry to add the dios, i will post you as soon as possible..
plasticbattle----- thanks for your comment, yes it should be on the flat ground :-)

Graywolf----- thanks for the imput, i will thingking to add the street lamp or maybe some materials from ruined building

cheers everyone
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 01:23 AM UTC
Hey - nice overall job. Agreed- figures would liven it up a bit.
One thing I would also consider doing is getting a crew and filling some of those open hatches.
On a photo note - I like the photo with the 'live' background out the window. And, the wrinkled background is a bit distracting. I would reshoot the photos with a 'flat' background.
Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 846 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 04:19 AM UTC
Hey guys!!What about his question??? Achtung- Yes, this is called scratchbuild!!!
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 09:34 PM UTC
Looks great, some infantry would be nice i agree, cheers
ACHTUNG
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 02:15 AM UTC
hi guys this is what i did this weekend not to much, but it was came from my idea this morning, have a look, ane please give a commenct about the infantry settings
thks

meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 257 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2004 - 10:23 AM UTC
looks good. you did a very good job with the rubble. the bombed out buildings look good too. however im not too sure about the snow camo, it doesnt seem to fit in with the rest of the dio. maybe sprinkle a little snow around?also the street lamp would fit in better if it were weathered more. other than that, congrats on a job well done.
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2004 - 10:31 AM UTC
Hello, very nice dio there. The lamp post would be all scratched up from falling debris cheers keep it up Kevin
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2004 - 10:43 AM UTC
That looks really good! I love that rubble, how does one go about doing that?

~Chip :-)
 _GOTOTOP