_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tiger II July 1945 suspension
phantom8747
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 273 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 03:30 AM UTC
Was this upgraded Tiger II scheduled to have standard torsion bar suspension or switch to cantilever suspension as on the E-75.I am building the Trumpeter E-75 with the standard 88mm main gun and adding the ball machine gun mount to the front glacis.Thanks for any help.
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 05:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Was this upgraded Tiger II scheduled to have standard torsion bar suspension or switch to cantilever suspension as on the E-75.I am building the Trumpeter E-75 with the standard 88mm main gun and adding the ball machine gun mount to the front glacis.Thanks for any help.

The short version is that there weren't concrete plans for changing the suspension of the Tiger II at the time. The E-75 was a test bed even if had been produced to try out new components for future tanks, plus we still don't know what turret design it would have had.
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 05:11 AM UTC
As far as I know the July 1945 modifications for the Tiger II did not include any changes to the suspension.
slug955
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 05:15 AM UTC
There were a lot of paper plans and proof of concept studies by wars end. No interruption of production could be allowed though. As to the E-75, contemporary Russian and British tank designs appearing post war also deleted the bow machine gun, so not really required to retro fit. In my opinion.
 _GOTOTOP