_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 Trumpeter Tiran 6
militairtje
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2016 - 11:55 PM UTC
Hello guys! Recently, I've been busy building the 1/35 Trumpeter Tiran 6 model kit, and I must say, I have enjoyed building it

However, before I will show you some pictures of my model, let me introduce the Tiran 6.

Quoted Text

Before 1973 Israeli intelligence confirmed T-62 tanks had arrived in Egypt and Israeli commandos raided Egyptian positions in order to capture T-62 tanks and analyze them. During the Yom Kippur war, the T-62 was an effective adversary for Israeli Patton and Centurion main battle tanks armed with 105 mm tank guns. The T-62 had an advantage in its better night-fighting capability, but Syrian losses were heavy. The Israelis captured hundreds of these tanks from the Syrians in 1973, and put some of them into service as the Tiran-3. About 120 Tiran-3 were modernized and received the designation Tiran-6. Only a small number was converted because the new US made M60 main battle tanks started arriving in Israel. A small tank brigade consisting of two enlarged tank regiments, each equipped with 46 Tiran-6 tanks, was formed. The Tiran-6 is used by reserve units. The Israelis have sold the rest to assorted countries, many in Latin America

(quoted from wikipedia)
For the modelmaniacs among us, a short summary: you take a t62 model kit, you buy some aftermarket stuff and voilla, you've built yourself a Tiran-6

I think I've talked enough, let me show you some pictures!

I'm curious what you guys think about my model!
greets, Nicky
duttons
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 05:38 PM UTC
Well I for one love it, what's not to love, Russian armour in IDF service. You've done a great job, nice weathering without it being over the top.
I'd be proud if it was mine, well done
docbrick
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 06:36 PM UTC
Looks excellent. How was the build on this one?
militairtje
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 10:56 PM UTC
Thanks gents! Although I've made some minor mistakes during the build or the kit has some flaws, the build was actually a piece of cake. Besides the wheels and tracks, I estimate the whole duration of actual building lays somewhere between the 12 and 15 hour mark. I haven't really logged it
For anyone who has planned to build it, you should make the towing cables a little longer than in the booklet, otherwhise the actual fit would be difficult(like mine).

greetz, nicky
 _GOTOTOP