Hosted by Darren Baker
Legend Aussie Centurion conversion set
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 07:45 AM UTC
I've just received this set (thanks to Moredun Models ) and it's quite impressive. But it seems that the Legend guys have forgotten to represent the mounting bracket of the searchlight on the mantlet (I know that this searchlight was generally not fitted and kept in the bustle rack but its bracket must be there !) Does anybody have clear reference pics showing this bracket ? . Mine are not very clear . I wouldn't like to mess up the job and ruin the beautiful resin mantlet "canvas"...
TIA
Frenchy
29Foxtrot
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 06:29 AM UTC
G'day Frenchy,

Re your Legends Aussie Centurion, make sure it is not the British based conversion, apart from the searchlight mountings, the gun muzzle is different. With the turret, looking directly down on it, the searchlight mountings, the circular base is in line with the loaders hatch, the actuating arm bracket mounting is on the top of the canvas covering the barrel elevation mantle. When looking from the front the brackets, protrude about 10 degrees from the oposite side.

The most common problem with the Mk V Centurion is their were a British version and an Aussie version, both are completely different.

Regards
Rob.

_GOTOTOP